TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow t-dubbers, down here in south Louisiana the weather was beautiful for a ride on Veteran’s day, so I took full advantage of a day off. There is a small town about 40 miles north of Baton Rouge called St. Francisville, right in a bend on the edge of the Mississippi River. It’s a quaint, historic town, seemingly untouched by time, but in a good way. Just outside of St. Francisville there is an area called Cat Island, technically not an island, that contains a wildlife refuge, and a fantastic area of old country roads, dirt and sandy roads, hunting camps, ravines, creeks, one lane bridges, wildlife, you name it. It’s very popular here with motorcyclists, sight seers, hunters and fishermen alike. Pictures don’t do it justice, but I thought I’d share anyway. It wasn’t fun droning along at 60 mph to get there, but, once i got there, 50 miles of this was so worth it:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That sure looks like a fun ride, with a lot of cool places to explore. Nice pics, too. Thanks for taking us along with you.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Wow, very cool. Lots of neat places to ride.

One can always capture my interest with bridge pictures. I don't know why:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feed back. There's some atv trails in the wildlife refuge, but you never know if you'd wind up on private property, and with it being hunting season, I thought it better to stay on on the roads. I did see a young doe, a couple of rabbits, but surprisingly, no snakes! Yay!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
looks like very nice area to ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts