TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The good news about all your untimely dismounts are-----------------------------------------------pause------------------------------------------Your bike is getting lighter....;)

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Welcome to the "Two Feet in The Air" club, visible at time 1:57:p
Zolar, you've got some good video production values, just gotta figure out how to keep you alive long enough to bring us more great videos.
Certainly that killer clutch lever cover has been responsible for innumerable TW crashes, glad you could bounce back semi-OK.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Looks like the 6P's got him. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!! Be sure to check it from one end to the other. Just shows a small thing can cost a fall.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Gotta give you credit for giving it a great effort right out of the gate. You'll learn quickly. :D

Reactions: zolar

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is now held on with a zip tie! lol
Welcome to the "Two Feet in The Air" club, visible at time 1:57:p
Zolar, you've got some good video production values, just gotta figure out how to keep you alive long enough to bring us more great videos.
Certainly that killer clutch lever cover has been responsible for innumerable TW crashes, glad you could bounce back semi-OK.

·
Registered
487 Posts
That does it. You're riding in front of me when we hit the pits. I don't want that Texas Longhorn looking brake handle stuck anywhere in me! Do you know what STFD means? What part of rubber side down confuses you? Visiting friends at their hospital beds is a downer. :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Fascinating to see just how the death wing reacts to a turn - they really don't like grass do they ..........
My stock front tire was fine on grass. Stuck like glue..... when the bike wasn't moving! Now have the "Golden Boy" upgrade. Your vids will get boring if you upgrade your front tire though!

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Fascinating to see just how the death wing reacts to a turn - they really don't like grass do they ..........
Typical DEATH WING WASHOUT, glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Typical DEATH WING WASHOUT, glad you weren't hurt.
Is THAT what I kept encountering on my first outing with the TW? Although I never when down, the front tire kept wanting to wash out when I pointed into a turn on hard dirt roads with light cover. My normal response to this is more throttle to bring the rear end around, but the TW didn't have throttle response to do it. Always had to straighten up and slow down to avoid launching off the mountain roads edge into the abyss. :disillusionment:

I thought it was partly due to too high tire pressure, soft front fork springs and lack of throttle response, but could it be DEATH WING WASHOUT? Lol... :laughing9: Is that related to the stock front tire?

PO looked to be riding fast with a light front end and possibly too far back on the seat for the front to get traction on the rock covered road. OUCH! :BangHead:

·
Super Moderator
5,309 Posts
Don’t matter where the weight is – as soon as the death wing smells grass – try to turn it - face plant

Gotta admit it’s a spectator sport – think we should tell him ?

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
I think my best Death Wing wipe-out was on wet grass skirting a flooded meadow. Cold spring morning, miles from home, wearing only cotton clothing down I went in third gear while failing to hold a high speed sweeping corner. I must have slid 30 ft squeegee-ing up a multi-gallon rooster tail of cold swamp-water getting thoroughly soaked. I think I bought my trials tire shortly there-after.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Last year about this time I was practicing for my motorcycle endorcement. I was riding around the farm going through a field and I thought I would try the emergency stop that is required on the test. I guess you know how that went. A flying flip and a rolling donut. I also learned that the helmet doesn't stay on very well without the chin strap buckled.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i noticed the front brake lever was already tweaked before the fall... bark busters work.
glad you made it out ok

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will be saving for a new tire.
Don’t matter where the weight is – as soon as the death wing smells grass – try to turn it - face plant

Gotta admit it’s a spectator sport – think we should tell him ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts