TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi at all,

this Tuesday I've made my first offroad training of the season 2016 in a big offroad park.
This was preparation and a test, because on Sunday I'll start on a 3h hare scramble -> 1st race of the Saxony Offroad Cup

This training was also the first test for my new rear tire. I am still using the Maxxis Bighorn, but now it's a 26x8x14. The last years I used the 26x9x14.
And YES, you can really feel it, that this one is one inch smaller, as the old one. The 8 inch version has a rounder shape and the bike is now much more handy (compared to the 9 inch version).
I've measured the with of the tire, the 8 inch version is round about 190 mm wide on the 4,5 inch rim -> only slightly wider as the original 180/80-14

I know, only 2 minutes, but I hope you'll have fun with it.

Sebastian

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Have a great time brother Sebastian!! :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howzit going Sebastian, couldn't view the video( might be something wrong on my end?). Are you also testing one of your own extended swingarms? If so what length?
There is nothing special with the video. Should work on every system.

Yes, it's a extended swing arm (2 inch), but it's not made by me. I am using this one since many years.
I've missed to made a small mod on my swing arm. I am using the chain guide of a Honda CR and I haven't made the holder for this guide.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Sounds great...cool roost!
How does she handle?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Looks and sounds great. Seems to have good "scoot". Keep on keepin' on.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Looked like lots of fun practicing for the race. Good luck. Is there going to be a large water spot like last year where you had to go through deep water? ha ha!:p

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Will be cheering for you come Tuesday! Good luck, and thank you for the video of the practice. Bike looks and sounds very healthy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Finally got to view your video Sabastien, had to clear out my cookies, etc. Awesome! With all the mods, it definitely doesn't sound stock and not to mention really peppy- it scoots!

I really enjoy all of your riding, racing videos!

Next time, maybe share the one with you jumping over church steeples!!!!!! Lol. :p

.....aloha & take care!:D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sounds great...cool roost!
How does she handle?
The handling with the Bighorn 8 inch version is great.
Much more better as the 9 inch version.
The 9 inch version was sometimes like a brick with round edges. But the 8 inch version feels comparable to the original size but with much more grip (offroad).

In my opinion: If someones uses the "old" 9 inch bighorn, switch to the 8 inch.

The 8 inch is available in Europe.
If you can not find it in a online shop, ask a quad dealer/shop.
-->> http://www.maxxis.de/produkte/anzeige_atv_profil_join.php?profil=M-917

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got to view your video Sabastien, had to clear out my cookies, etc. Awesome! With all the mods, it definitely doesn't sound stock and not to mention really peppy- it scoots!

I really enjoy all of your riding, racing videos!

Next time, maybe share the one with you jumping over church steeples!!!!!! Lol. :p

.....aloha & take care!:D
Sometimes, problems are easy to solve ;)
Great, that you'll like it.

I am not a fan of big jumps.
But maybe we'll take a ride to the Kilauea.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am not a fan of big jumps. But maybe we'll take a ride to the Kilauea.[/QUOTE said:
MacBig, I hear you on the big jumps! The older I get, I find myself wanting to stay closer to terra-firma! As for Kilauea on the big island Hawaii, thats 3 islands away from where i am(Oahu) Sometime in 2017, we will be buying or building our home there and moving within 8 miles of Kilauea volcano. Then you would be more than welcomed to come & stay/visit! One word of caution though, I would not advise riding on those lava fields, even with those burly BigHorn tires. They'll be shredded in no time to look like racing slicks :eek:LOL! Take care brother!:D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sometimes you'll should not spend a mind on money to get some fun -> burn the tires ;)
I'll not forget your offer for a come & stay/visit.
It would be great to relax for some days on Hawaii.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts