TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the wheel off the ground the first time and think , well I can do that better next time. so I give it a lil more gas and up goes the wheel and when it slams down... guess what happens next! Spoiler Alert. "I almost cry"
:sad2:

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
It's not really funny, I didn't want to laugh...

Really, I didn't...

I tried not to...

But I did.

Sorry bro.

:sign19:<Wish he'd stop crashing...the older he get's the lower the fruit hangs. Either I get smashed by the seat or burned on the engine cases. Someone help us! Before he kills us.....

*in my defense, it was only a little laugh.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Zolar, here's an old trick for you while you're learning to wheelie:
Never sit on your nuts.

Soon enough, they'll be floating in the bath tub anyway...no need to hurry them along.

"Testicales" indeed!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
That's enough.....HAHA .......To funny.....:D
Hey Zolar. Don't take that the wrong way dude. I wasn't laughing "at" you, it's just the way you sounded when you said, "That's enough." And that you said it after 2nd time. Dude, we've all been there, and "That's" what's funny....:)

Yes, like said above. Since this bike doesn't have enough to power wheelie on it's own. Lean forward, compressing and preloading the forks, gasing it, and dumping the clutch as you sit fast bouncing your butt on back end of seat and pulling up all in one smooth motion. If you find yourself going back to far, don't put your feet down. Keep them on the pegs, applying rear brake with your right foot to slow bike, and stopping it from falling back. You can practice this on the grass somewhere like you were. In time, you'll get a feel for it, and find yourself working between throttle and brake, keeping front wheel in the air and going farther and farther. This is one of the reasons I got rid of my rear Cycle Rack. I like to wheelie once in a while. And it being to wide incase I had to walk of the back of bike.....:) Once you find that sweet spot, it's fun.

BTW, I noticed your bent brake lever. I'd invest in a pair of handguards if I was you. Since your new to riding, with a daring side, it will save you tons of money in replacing broken levers. I see your climbing hills now, hopping over downed trees, and now, working on wheelies. That's great man. Keep it up. (haha what she said) In the meantime, before you get handguards, loosen the perch clamp screws a little. This way, in half of your falls that bend or break your levers, they will twist on the bars instead of breaking. Make them just tight enough to stay in place while riding, but loose enough to move whith a hit. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL good stuff, I just got the Brush brushgu.jpg guards in the mail today, A day late.
Hey Zolar. Don't take that the wrong way dude. I wasn't laughing "at" you, it's just the way you sounded when you said, "That's enough." And that you said it after 2nd time. Dude, we've all been there, and "That's" what's funny....:)

Yes, like said above. Since this bike doesn't have enough to power wheelie on it's own. Lean forward, compressing and preloading the forks, gasing it, and dumping the clutch as you sit fast bouncing your butt on back end of seat and pulling up all in one smooth motion. If you find yourself going back to far, don't put your feet down. Keep them on the pegs, applying rear brake with your right foot to slow bike, and stopping it from falling back. You can practice this on the grass somewhere like you were. In time, you'll get a feel for it, and find yourself working between throttle and brake, keeping front wheel in the air and going farther and farther. This is one of the reasons I got rid of my rear Cycle Rack. I like to wheelie once in a while. And it being to wide incase I had to walk of the back of bike.....:) Once you find that sweet spot, it's fun.

BTW, I noticed your bent brake lever. I'd invest in a pair of handguards if I was you. Since your new to riding, with a daring side, it will save you tons of money in replacing broken levers. I see your climbing hills now, hopping over downed trees, and now, working on wheelies. That's great man. Keep it up. (haha what she said) In the meantime, before you get handguards, loosen the perch clamp screws a little. This way, in half of your falls that bend or break your levers, they will twist on the bars instead of breaking. Make them just tight enough to stay in place while riding, but loose enough to move whith a hit. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hahahahaha! I've not landed on those yet. Not on the TW anyway.

I learned to wheelie on this

Same day the picture was taken. '83 Xl600r. Yep it's a Honda, running strong like Hondas do. It requires not clutch popping. Pants pooping maybe..

Btw the swing arm and rear rim are silver. Easy to tell right?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I get the wheel off the ground the first time and think , well I can do that better next time. so I give it a lil more gas and up goes the wheel and when it slams down... guess what happens next! Spoiler Alert. "I almost cry"
:sad2:
THAT WAS PAYBACK FOR DUMPING ME AND BENDING MY BRAKE LEVER. Now ease up on me if you want to ride my back or I am going to show you some bruises.

·
Registered
299 Posts
LOL good stuff, I just got the Brush View attachment 17707 guards in the mail today, A day late.
Not to highjack, but can you tell me if those hand guard metal bars are aluminum or steel? I asked a shop selling those on eBay and they said they couldn't answer that question. Don't know why???

PS: I think the LED turn signals from one of the well known brands (? D-Flex) might fit into the rectangular opennings in those. (not sure).

Reguarding bruised berries. Don't make juice on the trail! :laughing7: Seriously, when I went out for my first weekend riding in 30 years I wore a cup just in case. That's right! Too many memories burned into my mind as a young'n. After bi-lateral hernia surgery and a subsequent surgery a year after to correct the reprocusions of a bull-in-a-china-closet job, I can't take anymore pain down there...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It is a two step process! First you learn how to ride your bike and not fall down and then you learn how to do stunts and tricks! I will be patiently awaiting your video when you try to do donuts on your TW. Hold my beer and watch this! LOL

GaryL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts