TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Video time... (big-time stuck!)

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  TundraManDan 
#1 ·
Video:

Considering a Winch install

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Good video.

Safety note: remember if pulling with a rope or winch cable, always lay a branches, dead or alive on cable or rope so if it breaks, the recoil is slowed down by things laying on the cable or rope. A simple trick I learned years ago and could save your neck......literally.

Just one or two small limbs laying on cable/rope can make a difference in recoil speed.

I have heard about ropes or cables breaking and the recoil/whiplash return has hurt people bad, even small medium pulls can really hurt someone if it it under tension and breaks.

Cool video, good job, lots of memories made there.

Revolverman.

#3 ·
Good video.

Safety note: remember if pulling with a rope or winch cable, always lay a branches, dead or alive on cable or rope so if it breaks, the recoil is slowed down by things laying on the cable or rope. A simple trick I learned years ago and could save your neck......literally.

Just one or two small limbs laying on cable/rope can make a difference in recoil speed.

I have heard about ropes or cables breaking and the recoil/whiplash return has hurt people bad, even small medium pulls can really hurt someone if it it under tension and breaks.

Cool video, good job, lots of memories made there.

Revolverman.

I'd agree. Around here we usually throw a heavy towel or something on there about midway for just this purpose. A piece of chain works good as well.

Love that Argo.

#5 ·
Was on a beautiful winding trail for miles before coming to this crossing. I saw many quad tracks terminating in abrupt holes in the opposite bank. I moved further along to an apparent cleaner spot... hit the gas... shot up the other side and a clump of dirt promptly kicked my shifter in to neutral!! I can sit there and search for neutral for ages at a red light, but hey, one tiny tuft of dirt found it in a flash >:[

So I plopped down in to the creek never to be released from its gooey bottom. I tried dropping the front wheel down in as well (the only thing I really could do, LOL) but just buried the bike immediately.

I had no idea where I was. Luckily, my iphone map function showed me as a blinking blue dot, and I was able to guide my wife to the rescue

I had to scroll out just to see what town I was near, LOL. I'd never go anywhere without my phone.

#6 ·
Looked like an interesting situation you got yourself into, then out of! Good stuff. Not many folks like to show the "not so positive" sides of riding, but I'm glad you did. And you kept up good spirits the whole time! Very entertaining, thanks for sharing.

#7 ·
I would say your wife is a pretty nice gal to come help you recover your TW from being swallowed by a mud hole. I can also see why you have the Argo - that's some pretty dense vegetation you have to ride through. I enjoyed your video, thanks for posting your adventures for us to share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.