TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Our TW's just don't have the power to make it up those steep sandy hills do they. I get up some with the 55T rear sprocket on that I wouldn't make with the stock sprocket, but it still has it's limitations. When I rode with my wife in the Owyhee Mtns. near Toy Pass, I ran into such a steep hill that was loose gravel instead of sand, and I couldn't make it. Even the ATV wife was riding barely made it, even in 4wd.

Very pretty area you have to ride around. Lots of exploring I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
At least you tried...lol. Looks like you would need some good foot protection riding in that area. Are you riding on the big island?

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Silty sand and lava, a challenging combination. Perhaps experiment with lower air pressures and certainly more speed and momentum as elime recogmends.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least you tried...lol. Looks like you would need some good foot protection riding in that area. Are you riding on the big island?
Its central Oregon.. ( Near Newberry National Forest area) (Paulina mountains/Lake).. This area was a huge ancient volcano, And there are countless lava fields and 'buttes' to explore..
It can get alittle sandy in some areas.. but all and all its a Great area to ride.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
NICE video, thanks for sharing . I wasn't there ,but maybe what another rider suggested ,air down a bit more and get the RPM's alot higher......she'll do it .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts