TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to view some pictures in some threads. Some are ok but some show only a gray box that says:

“Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting.”

Does this mean I must do something to view these pictures or the ome who posts the pictures?

Thanks for some help with this...

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
Original picture poster is likely being held up for ransom by PhotoBucket in attempt to increase their income as part of Photobucket's new business model. Expect Photobucket to have same lasting financial success as BetaMax. This is not the fault of the viewer. Viewers supposedly can get a software patch that usually works to permit viewing of some historical photos.
Try Googling for a photobucket photo fix.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
They just want you to okay an update that will include some Nasty intrusive things into your computer. They hold peoples photos hostage to do this.
When you get a suggestion to receive an update and there is no way to get it off your screen without accepting it, that is the proof that it will contain something you do not want. Just turn off your wifi , then dump the memory. Then boot back up without them. If you have to, off the wifi and shut off the computer then as soon as you turn it back on, dump the memory. Then boot back up and their attempt is negated. On one of my computers I hit a wrong key and accidentally let in a virus. I am subject to these kind of further attempts several times every day. The only permanent cure is to take it to wizard shop and have the virus removed by erasing the complete thing and having it reprogrammed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that sucks!

I use my iPad for reading my forums. Is there a fix for it to be able to see the older pictures stored on photbucket?

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately I don't know of anything offered for iPad, but if you do a google search for Photobucket hotlink fix, you might come across something specific for your device. Sorry I can't be of more assistance!

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know this is an old thread, but I’m still having a problem.

I can post pictures and see most pictures added by others if they are inserted. If they post a link to a picture, I get:

“Invalid attachment specified...”

I use an iPad.

Anyone know how I can view these types of links?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think there is a patch for iPad and chrome browser.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again, Tweaker but that’s not what I attempted to describe.

08BC9D93-B480-4CB6-A9F9-758DA5F27BEA.png

Using my iPad, when I click on this type of link to an image, I get:

40B48903-72BA-4301-A636-67B990D77A00.png

Does anyone know how I can view this kind of link on my IPad?

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
Tjmay, I believe the "Invalid Attachment" is seen when the original poster incorrectly attempted to post his imagery by not following the new image posting instructions. Nothing you as a viewer can do other than request poster edit- or re-post according to proper procedure so that their images can be viewed on all platforms. Some platforms do successfully display an improperly posted image, others get the "Invalid Attachment" notification. As such often the poster is unaware that few , if any, can view the posted picture(s).

The correct procedure has been posted so often in the last year that links to them should be readily found by those who wish to share pictures and other attachments.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that explanation, Fred.

I’ll stop trying to resolve the issue myself now.

Too bad, I really wanted to see that image...

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Hey there,

So what you're experiencing is a user attaching their images using "Insert Image" in the quick reply box.
This is a known issue with vB4 and we're in the works of eliminating that feature. Attachments don't appear if users are using "Insert Image".
The best way for users right now is to attach their images using "Go Advanced"

Example:

Quick Reply "Insert Image":
View attachment 169698

Go Advanced Attachment:

dogecoin-300.png

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts