TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my wife and I restored our tiny Boler travel trailer she came up with the idea of doing it up with a hunting and fishing theme.The camo upholstering,fishing lure curtain ties,fishing creel waste basket.shotgun door pulls,etc were all her ideas.....obviously the lady has been living with me too long. Being the avid outdoorsman that I am I totally ran with the idea.
We call it the "Sportsman Edition".

Anybody out there with a Vintage RV??

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Very cute yours is. I think your little trailer has more "stay out of the rain" liveable space than our pickup camper. We use ours a ton but should have gotten the kitchen table slide-out model. Still, when you're tired of tents campers can keep the camping enthusiasm level up!

My mom and dad have a Scamp Camper which is very similar to the one you have. Their's looks to be a bit longer but your inside pictures look very close to theirs. I think theirs is the "cat & dog travel to Arizona & Back" theme! :D

Totally unrelated but I found this picture when looking up one for the Scamp. Though it was kind of funny!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My Mom was an artist and had a cute little trailer she painted up to look like an english cottage. It had flower boxes around the windows etc. Her and my stepdad used the heck out of it. I don't have any pictures of it though.

Your wife is very creative that's a nice trailer.

·
Registered
545 Posts
We bought this 14' FAN camper last fall,
Vin # 186 made in about 1956.
Needs some work but is rust free and has new bearings, Wheels and tires and tows easy,
Made out of Aircraft Aluminum and will shine if I want to spend the elbow grease,
I need to run all new propane lines and get the furnace back on line as well as run a new trailer wiring loom to get those 1956 Tbird lights back on line,
Otherwise quite sound ! !
Wife LOVES it ! !
fan1.jpg fan2.jpg fan3.jpg fan4.jpg
Building a car port for it early next year as well,
Peter B

·
Registered
548 Posts
We had a '76 Boler deluxe with wood cabinets and larger closet than a normal Boler. Trailer its self was only 10' but when the girls were young we had many many great camping trips with that unit. Best RV we ever had and cheapest to maintain as well. But as the girls got taller and needed more crap to camp for a weekend, we soon out grew our little unit. Best part was we towed it with Denice's Nissan Sentra 4x4 wagon, went anywhere and on the highways we were getting 32mpg towing the trailer! Love what you have done with your Boler and wishing you many happy camping trips :cool:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Needs some work but is rust free and has new bearings, Wheels and tires and tows easy,
Made out of Aircraft Aluminum and will shine if I want to spend the elbow grease,
I need to run all new propane lines and get the furnace back on line as well as run a new trailer wiring loom to get those 1956 Tbird lights back on line,
Wife LOVES it ! !
View attachment 33000 View attachment 33001 View attachment 33002 View attachment 33003
Peter B
I love that wood panel interior. I think it deserves a little elbow grease to make the outside as nice. Then take it around to some of those retro meets.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wife LOVES it ! !
View attachment 33000 View attachment 33001 View attachment 33002 View attachment 33003
Peter B
Sweet. Have fun restoring that old gem!!! I know we had fun restoring ours.
We recently purchased a larger more modern trailer because we plan on doing some extended touring next year. Figured we needed a dedicated bed and bathroom. The new trailer is only 23feet but it has a 4 foot slideout at the rear. Needless to say it feels like a palace after camping in the tiny one.
We just returned yesterday from the yearly Vintage Fiberglass Trailer meet where there were close to 100 different vintage trailers of all kinds.
IMG_0185.JPG
My favourite was this Boler installed on an Izuzu cab over with a tilt deck for the Spyder. I would be able to get the TW,DR and DL on that.:D
IMG_0192.JPG
This one from Cape Breton was pretty cool also. Completely wrapped in the CB tartan!! Over the top awesome!!
IMG_0179.JPG

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We had a '76 Boler deluxe with wood cabinets and larger closet than a normal Boler. Trailer its self was only 10' but when the girls were young we had many many great camping trips with that unit. Best RV we ever had and cheapest to maintain as well. But as the girls got taller and needed more crap to camp for a weekend, we soon out grew our little unit. Best part was we towed it with Denice's Nissan Sentra 4x4 wagon, went anywhere and on the highways we were getting 32mpg towing the trailer! Love what you have done with your Boler and wishing you many happy camping trips :cool:
Thanks. This has been our 3rd Boler over the years. Started with a 74 13 footer. Towed that down the road with two kids and two dogs with a Chevette!!!and had a ball.
Then an 81 17 footer. Sold that when I bought my cabin thinking I didn't need a trailer any more. Huge mistake...that one had hot water and bathroom with shower and obviously more room.
Got the current 86 about 5 years ago. Had fun with but it will soon be changing hands. This one will be staying in the family though. My daughter,son in law and two children are taking it over to begin having their own camping adventures.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Very nice Dubster, glad its staying in the family. Our oldest daughter and her husband found an old '72 model and they take their two boys camping in it. They even lived in it for 6months while building their house! Two boys, two dogs, and two of them, not sure how they did it, but they got through it and still kept the Boler after all that.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
When my wife and I restored our tiny Boler travel trailer she came up with the idea of doing it up with a hunting and fishing theme.The camo upholstering,fishing lure curtain ties,fishing creel waste basket.shotgun door pulls,etc were all her ideas.....obviously the lady has been living with me too long. Being the avid outdoorsman that I am I totally ran with the idea.
We call it the "Sportsman Edition".

Anybody out there with a Vintage RV??
Nice job on the Scamp!!! This is my Moms Scamp that my Dad and Mom bought either late 80s or early 90s. I use it every year during hunting season. Hers looks exactly the same inside.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
545 Posts
It was no classic but I do miss our A-Liner.
My friend got an A-Liner at a Navy auction...she bid $300 and didn't win one then a couple days later they called her to tell her someone changed their mind so she got one for $300. It was a bit rough but she and I used Oxy Clean on the vinyl cushions and they looked like new when we were done. She and her husband had to fix a window, the floor in front of the door and basically just clean things up, paint, etc.. That little trailer is now very cute....I have stayed in it down on their property; it's nice and cozy, I was impressed how comfortable it was to sleep in. They pulled it down to Mexico last fall and they use it for a guest room. ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Finally found an old pic of our Boler Trailer, was the best RV ever....least till the girls out grew it!
IMG_0721.JPG
This was just a lunch break stop by a lake heading home, just backed down beside the lake, took a swim, quick bite to eat, back on the road. No slide outs, no leveling jacks to set up, just open the door and use....it was so simple.
IMG_0725.JPG
My folks had one too and we use to camp together in one site as they didn't take much room. Use to unhook it from the car / truck and just push it by hand into place. Over the years we had camped in spots you could hardly pitch a tent in, just cleared some brush and made a run for it pushing for all we were worth.
Hard to think people are paying around the $6K range for these old models..... and we sold ours for $1200! Didn't even cover the cost of a new tent and all the gear needed to replace that little RV.
We are kinda spoiled with the one we have now and all its goodies, but hey...hot shower and fresh muffins in the oven with fresh ground coffee on the stove...hard to beat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts