TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Next weekend is one of the oldest, larger, more difficult Grand Prix in USA with 800 to 1000 off-road bikes taking off through historic Comstock mining town of Virginia City,NV for 6 ~23 mile laps through highly varied terrain. While some sections can see 90+mph the better lap times are around 40 minutes/lap. Much of the terrain resembles this Sutro Canyon. Course returns to Virginia City after rough dessert racing and passes the old historic cemetery if case any riders want to really check out early and shop for a tombstone.:rolleyes: One lap is enough for many competitors
.► 1:01
Some years there is snow, other years it can be dusty heat baked high 80's. Last year they started in rain and the dessert silver ore laden mud was horrible.
Come down and eat some dust while enjoying Wild West Virginia City. Little tommy should come race:p 35997429-640x417.jpg

·
Registered
928 Posts
OMG My Uncle and Aunt live right down the street from there! Bet they'll be there watching - although, knowing Steve, he'll be in his Unimog watching from the best spot in the desert. :D

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LuvNot, should you make it out to Carson City to visit relatives sometime drop me a line and maybe we can all meet up for a ride. Any uncle with a Unimog has just got to be a pretty cool person. The Sierras have lots of adventurous outdoor opportunities as you certainly know.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Youngest son and the club he use to belong to, Sierra Trail Dogs would participate.. We would go and spend 3-4 days there a couple of days before and set up the Club's pit area. Usually had 6-12 riders... Wonderful fun!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I would really like that!

My first experience on a dirt bike was on BLM land out the back door of Steve'Smith house. He has a little Honda 80 dirt bike that is incredibly tough
It got my button up and down some pretty hairy trails to the Carson River. Thank heavens it could always get me back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts