TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello Friends,
How does the bike do on 'Slick Rock' and 'Fins and Things' or such trails?
I think my rear tire is an ATV tire (previous Seller).
I am more freaked out by steep down hills than going up hill. Are the brakes/tires good enough for coming down hill nice and slow?
Thanks
Simba

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You will have no problem. Just keep up the revs on the big uphills. I got better traction on the slickrock stuff than I do on pavement. The only bad thing about the atv tire is if you get a flat you will never get that tire off or on on the trail. But that being said it should be very tuff

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello Small's,
I got my TW from Tim (Concours Trade).
Is the Duro Maxxis rear ATV good off road on slick rock? I am going to try when in Moab this Spring. What is a good PSI to run off road on an ATV tire like the Maxxis?
Thanks
Simba

You will have no problem. Just keep up the revs on the big uphills. I got better traction on the slickrock stuff than I do on pavement. The only bad thing about the atv tire is if you get a flat you will never get that tire off or on on the trail. But that being said it should be very tuff

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello Small's,
I got my TW from Tim (Concours Trade).
Is the Duro Maxxis rear ATV good off road on slick rock? I am going to try when in Moab this Spring. What is a good PSI to run off road on an ATV tire like the Maxxis?
Thanks
Simba
You will Enjoy the Moab area. Fins n Things is a great trail. Poison Spider, Behind the Rocks area, Onion Creek area is all Great riding for a TW

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I am researching a route starting from the end point of the AZBDR which is at The Cockscomb on Route 89 roughly mid-point between Kanab and Page; and ending in Cortez, Co. I know I'd like to approach Cortez via McElmo Creek from the Hovenweep Nat. Monument area. The time frame is roughly the last week of April. I'm also thinking north from 89 to Cannonville via Cottonwood Rd and Grand Staircase-Escalante.
Any suggestions for the route between?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Reactions: BillPacific

·
Registered
268 Posts

I like Everide channel,,, Tyler has very good story telling skills about riding. Not so much data for experienced riders but entertainment. I encourage anyone to give a few of his You Tube video a try. This video here is not entertaining but gives links of how to Petition to keep the Government from closing down thousands of miles of off roads.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bluff Spring 2016 2016-04-21 005 (640x480).jpg I'm a new member from Joshua Tree, California and love riding southern Utah, mostly around Bluf, Cedar Mesa area or anywhere in S.Ut for that matter, Escalante area,Burr Trail. If anyone is planning a ride in that area let me know. I have a truck camper and like to boondock, retired and pretty much always ready for a camping /ride trip maybe the n. Rim of GCNP. Just thought I'd post, I also drive a Polaris Ranger, let's go riding Bluff Spring 2016 2016-04-21 005 (640x480).jpg Sorry about the double picture, this is from this spring headed out Johns Canyon with my wife who I just lost after 45 years, our last trip. I do now have a TW, I just got it this week, now I'm buying accessories, oh boy.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss of your wife, Tuna. I can't imagine your grief. Prayers are with you.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yeah, sorry to hear of your loss, Tuna. That's tough.
That whole area is beautiful... we rode through Cottonwood Rd spring of last year...

and Valley of the Gods this March on our way to Moab

I hope there's another rally next Spring in Moab....if there is, you've got to be there!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good morning B-dub,
I just worked my way through your posts, what great pics.
I am going to spend Thanksgiving with some friends in Zion n.p.
I will bring the tw along, with riding and canyoneering I'm sure we'll stay busy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Currently it's not too late to join two different dual purpose Adventure rides in Southern Utah

The Super Tenere forum but not limited to super tenere have a FREE RALLY starts Sept 20 to 23rd 2016. Camping is at Ponderosa Campground $11 dollars a night ,,,,,,This campground is just outside of ZION National Park

Also there is the 6th Annual Flying Monkey Adventure ride FREE RALLY starts Oct 13-16th ,, this on is located at same campground Ponderosa ...... The camp ground is not running either just taking the camping reservations

Info for first one is on Super Tenere Forum

The other one just google title and you will get the rest of details. All you need is a dual purpose with a plate

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
48.JPG 60 zion mtn carmel hywy.JPG 53.JPG
Good morning B-dub,
I just worked my way through your posts, what great pics.
I am going to spend Thanksgiving with some friends in Zion n.p.
I will bring the tw along, with riding and canyoneering I'm sure we'll stay busy.
I just have to throw in some pictures of Zion for the folks who haven't been there 40c.JPG

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing some of these places. I went through Zion and Bryce when I was 16 and have been hearing about all the great riding from my brother who has been going to Utah for several years. We were planing on going going together but now he has run off to Figi. Very nice pics.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Zion National Park is OK if you like that sort of overwhelming scenic splendor. No place to get a good taco though.:D canyon-overlook-zion-national-park.jpg zion-national-park-3.jpg ZionNPTomMorrisSmall.jpg

Hard to not get caught up in the crowds certain times of years but fortunately the occasional rock-falls are more readily avoided. There was a lot of road work last time I was there but I can think of worse places to get stuck in traffic than the tunnel and Route 9 Carmel Junction road to the east. web1_web081016-boulder-at-zion_6821005.jpg

However on a hot day it is hard to beat a refreshing hike through the Virgin River's Narrows. ziondeathfolo_092112~0.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,313 Posts
41 - 60 of 85 Posts