TW200 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts

we were there in sept 2014 and the Asians thought they owned the trails. only the first few got away with that! it was so crowded on the trails, that I won't go back, good thing the views were out standing and the Asians all went some where else when the buses pulled out. unfortunately Bryce Canyon was the same

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Just read an article somewhere this past week describing how overcrowded Zion NP is. I don't like overcrowding.....
Me neither, but when I went to St George in early November two years ago, I was able to ride Hwy 9 to MT, Carmel Junction and back several times without much difficulty....I wanted to go slow anyway. I did not try to hike in the Park. There is so much else to explore there I didn't care about the crowds in the park, and that is the only place I saw any. Hundreds of miles of dirt to ride in the St. George area, most of it deserted.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Might have to do a scout mission in St. George. As this will be the 3rd annual in Moab, might be a good changeup. If we can find suitable amenities around that area, would be nice to explore some new scenery. Not to say I have seen it all in Moab yet.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
I'm with you Plumbstraight. Moab is great, and few places can provide a week's worth of such dramatic riding based from one area....yet it is a big wide world with many a spectacular destinations for a TW, especially in the south west.
Were it not for the opportunity to meet up and ride with forum friends at Moab I would likely tour a bit spending a few days here, a few days there. Something like Small's adventure but based from a traveling caravan of our base camp vehicles.
Full moon will be April 10th, might be good excuse to spend a few extra days to reach and sample something else. 1-colorado-river-from-toroweap-overlook-tim-fitzharris.jpg 600_449014055.jpeg 55368e44c2b88.image.jpg Antelope-Canyon-2445.jpg images-2.jpeg

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
65a.JPG
Me neither, but when I went to St George in early November two years ago, I was able to ride Hwy 9 to MT, Carmel Junction and back several times without much difficulty....I wanted to go slow anyway. I did not try to hike in the Park. There is so much else to explore there I didn't care about the crowds in the park, and that is the only place I saw any. Hundreds of miles of dirt to ride in the St. George area, most of it deserted.
St George is getting too big for me, it was nice when we were there in 1990. Highway 9 is a fantastic road! we towed the trailer through the tunnel and up to red canyon, fantastic views. only problem was towing a trailer on that road didn't leave much time to rubber neck, so thank God for the dash cam

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Why not ride your own TW on your birthday?

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
654 Posts
Why not ride your own TW on your birthday?
I'm really debating between options. I've done long distance rides on the TW before but it's really pushing it sometimes. I'm calling all my local riding buddies to see if anyone wants to transport their bike and my bike too.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Good idea to get friends to join you. If not maybe consider other ways to get bike there and back. Sounds like a good excuse to buy yourself a pick-up for your 30th birthday.1993 Ford Ranger Small Pick-Up

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Reactions: JerseyJeeper

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great Pics and thread B-dub.
We went thru arches and Moab mid November last year. Plenty crowded then for me, Gorgeous, look forward to going back, but can't imagine the crowds in may-june, or september. Always up for more out of the way places also Plumbstraight and Fred!
Tuna, so sorry to hear, 45 years! I am with you and Simbaboy, slow, like to take in the view, happy to bring up the rear

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am camped on Willow Springs Road right now. Been here 2 weeks now. Last week and this week big bicycle events going on.
Haven’t even taken TW off trailer, been doing the Jeep thing.

Wife likes rock art, dinasour tracks. Thought trails would be good on TW, but not to interested on going by myself.

Raining now, be tracking that red sand everywhere.

Before coming here spent almost 2 weeks in Ouray, CO.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
If a bicycle is admirable how about on a unicycle?

This is from the supposedly annual March gathering they have like our TWs, we should schedule an upcoming trip that coincides.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I is riding a TW on the back tire or going down hill riding on the front considered riding a unicycle? I felt like that being pulled while standing on the front brake going downhill. At one point I thought I was going to do a face plant behind a razor.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts