TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I have been a long time occasional forum visitor and now finally decided to register. I am waiting on my old stock '14 to get delivered to my local dealer. I have been reading up and planning a few of the first necessary upgrades. I've always been a fan of the fat tire bikes and finally decided to pull the trigger. I wanted white but it was a 3 or 6 hour drive to find a '13. In case anyone is in Wisconsin, there is a dealer begging to get rid of a '13 for $3500. I appreciate all the informative posts and any tips or tricks are welcome.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome aboard. Congratulations on the new bike too.

Tom

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome NLeming. I just picked up a '14 as well. Luckily, it was the color I had been waiting years for, was just waiting for the right deal to come along. So what upgrades do you plan to do? So far I've put bigger pegs on mine, and got some saddlebags. Near future plans are for a cycleracks rear rack and a Kolpin aux fuel can. That will probably be it for awhile.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome NLeming. I just picked up a '14 as well. Luckily, it was the color I had been waiting years for, was just waiting for the right deal to come along. So what upgrades do you plan to do? So far I've put bigger pegs on mine, and got some saddlebags. Near future plans are for a cycleracks rear rack and a Kolpin aux fuel can. That will probably be it for awhile.
I was waiting for the right deal and had to settle for the same Blue '14 he waited for. I wanted white but the blue is growing on me. So far I've added TUSK handguards, TUSK handlebar riser, MANRACKS rear utility rack and OFFSET oversize pegs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engelheart motorsports in Wisconsin. I ended up at $3998 + tax,title, etc...so 500 bucks to save a 6 hour drive and the majority of a weekend. I am in Quad Cities, Iowa.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I was waiting for the right deal and had to settle for the same Blue '14 he waited for. I wanted white but the blue is growing on me. So far I've added TUSK handguards, TUSK handlebar riser, MANRACKS rear utility rack and OFFSET oversize pegs.
Where'd you get your Tusk handguards? What's a good deal on them? I'm looking for the one that has the aluminum support all the way thru and doesn't just bolt to the bar. What's the bar riser do? does it make it more comfortable?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I got them online, Amazon or eBay. I think they came from RockyMtnATV. I got the solid aluminum handguards. No plastic piece. I can add it later. The riser raises the handlebar 0.6 or 1.2 inches. I thought stock felt a bit low.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Mine is white, do love that blue though. Wife has the rainbow warrior. Just picked the wrong year to buy one.

Before I took it out of the store I had them put some taller bars on. So glad I did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called Engelheart in Madison not mentioning $3500 just to see what they would quote. They inflated the price then brought it down some but still $4400 out the door so I decided not to deal with them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't forget to order your jimbo shield. Not only does it look awesome, It gives you 1/4 more horsepower due to wind deflection. Sorry no specs to back that up.
Greetings. I have been a long time occasional forum visitor and now finally decided to register. I am waiting on my old stock '14 to get delivered to my local dealer. I have been reading up and planning a few of the first necessary upgrades. I've always been a fan of the fat tire bikes and finally decided to pull the trigger. I wanted white but it was a 3 or 6 hour drive to find a '13. In case anyone is in Wisconsin, there is a dealer begging to get rid of a '13 for $3500. I appreciate all the informative posts and any tips or tricks are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Don't forget to order your jimbo shield. Not only does it look awesome, It gives you 1/4 more horsepower due to wind deflection. Sorry no specs to back that up.
No need for proof, it's the truth. Makes them faster too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Every dealer will inflate the price at first. It took at least 4 phone calls and they were ready to deal! Picked mine up today! What is wrong with front tire?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Every dealer will inflate the price at first. It took at least 4 phone calls and they were ready to deal! Picked mine up today! What is wrong with front tire?
Nothing at all on the pavement. Lot's when you get in mud and wet grass. It works fine for dry dirt and rocky trails as well. Crap on any type of gravel that covers hard-pan. I have 3,000 miles on my stock front but look forward to switching it out.

Tom

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know what you mean. Looks familiar. What kinda deal did you get? State?

·
Registered
1 Posts
power yamaha in oregon has 2015 t-dubs for $3999 with no freight & setup. I bought my 2014 there for 3750 o.t.d. used with 36 miles. I really had a good experience with them & would buy another bike from them when the time comes

·
Registered
736 Posts
that's a nice blue color...I just couldn't find any for sale that didn't go in about 2 days, so I just bought what I found...2005 silver and blue for $2300. I prob looked for about 2 summers, even in NH. Do you go to any of the BMW rallies?? like Charter Oak?? I was in the MOA for 30yrs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts