TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how much continuity exists from one store to another but our NM Wally World had a bunch of ATV/MC stuff on the Clearance shelf today. Two different motorcycle covers (one $15 and one for $20), the standard ATV tank bag (reduced but I can't remember $$), a fender ATV bag (two different sized bags that drape on front of rear fender of ATV - reduced but how much I can't remember). It seems that there was other stuff as well. Not sure if they were just overstocked or some corporate decision has been made to reduce the ATV/MC line. You might want to check your local store for a bargain. Me I was there for oil, oil filter, and plastic polish for the other bike. Its spring and time to pay attention to the machines. Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was going to post on this topic also. They are closing out items here in Southern Ohio also so maybe it is nation wide. I picked up a set of saddle bags for $30 marked down from $48 I think. Typical of what you would except from Wal-Mart but for the sale price I'm happy with them. I'll try and get a pic posted this weekend.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How do these Wal-Mart seat pads handle the rain?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Would any kind American be interested in buying a few of the seat covers and posting them down to Australia? I'll pay freight, of course.

If you can, PM me.

Cheers,

Rob.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TurboRob, I'd be glad to help you and will PM, but lets calm the chaos and prevent a WallyWorld stampede. I did not see the seat pads in the clearance stuff so they may not be discontinued. However I will check on this and perhaps others should as well since stores may vary in stock and timing. Tom

·
Registered
225 Posts
mine soaked it up yesterday.

I was a soggy-bottom boy

Thank You, I have found that to the case with a lot of seat pads.

BS

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since it rarely rains in NM, we had not noticed this fault. I've had my TW for 6 years or so, and undoubtedly ridden it every month in that period, and its only been sprinkled on 1 or 2 times, and never seen a good rain except when in Illinois. I guess its a lucky bike, but now that I know the rain affects the seat pad, I'll watch out for those sprinkles. Tom

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I just got back from our Walmart and they've completely eliminated the ATV and motorcycle stuff and all I saw in the clearance aisle was some cheap helmets and some bicycle bags and locks. There wasn't any ATV or motorcycle stuff there. Two weeks ago and they had a regular section for that stuff that isn't there now. Our store isn't a superstore if that makes any difference.

I looked up ATV accessories online and everything I saw said "not sold in stores" but it's still available to ship to store for free.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went off to Wallyworld to buy seat pads for TurboRob and found that my store had 5 or so still on shelf, but curiously some of the pads bore Coleman labels and some bore Stearns. Same price, same pad, turns out Stearns appears to be owned by Coleman and the ones with Stearns labels were date 2008 and the ones with the newer Coleman labels were 2010. The photo depicted the exact same patterns on the pads so I believe they are identical. My guess is that Walmart is dicontinuing some ATV stuff but probably keeping the seat pads, but what do I know. FYI everybody. Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went off to Wallyworld to buy seat pads for TurboRob and found that my store had 5 or so still on shelf, but curiously some of the pads bore Coleman labels and some bore Stearns. Same price, same pad, turns out Stearns appears to be owned by Coleman and the ones with Stearns labels were date 2008 and the ones with the newer Coleman labels were 2010. The photo depicted the exact same patterns on the pads so I believe they are identical. My guess is that Walmart is dicontinuing some ATV stuff but probably keeping the seat pads, but what do I know. FYI everybody. Tom

Actually it looks to me that Coleman bought stearns and just retagged some of their items as their own. I saw that on kayak jackets too. Also he wallyworld I stopped at today had no motorcycle or atv stuff at all and it was a new huge wallyworld. I will have to go to the old crappy one to get my but pad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts