TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small Engine Turbo Charger - Small Turbo Kits | RHB31 VZ21 Turbo charger

If I had a TW still, I'd be seriously considering this. I'd make a simple draw-through setup with a stock carb (or maybe eBay chinese carb) and bigger jets, to see if I can get a little more oomph from that little 200cc engine. Nothing radical, maybe 5-6psi of boost. Obviously this is useless for most off-roading, but might be fun for a hillclimb. Would definitely be usable on the street (where my TW was used 99% of the time). Basically... my goal would be to get a TW200 to the Ton. (100mph) with a turbo and gearing changes. Or as close to the Ton as I can, without grenading the engine. I think this is a reasonable possibility, and the turbo is sized just right. It's basically just welding up an exhaust manifold, making an adapter for the intake manifold, and then adding oil lines and an electric oil pump for the Turbo.

I already have a bajillion project bikes, and now I'm planning a project for a bike I don't even own yet!!

Charles.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm pretty sure TW-Brian was looking for a new project... :p

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
I like that oil cooler they have there!
IMG_6136.PNG

·
Registered
278 Posts
Giant Flashback......Nice to see ChopperCharles and Mr.Gizmo's name in the same post. My memory is slowly fading and I can't seem to find the classic review about the TW200 that was posted on line (early 2000's) way before ChopperCharles created his forum. The author was responsible for me buying my TW's. I think it would be classic history for all the youngsters.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Bill, suspect you are making reference to 'Big Al' if memory serves. Al's write-up on the TW had inspired me to head off looking for that odd little machine. Try as I might, I have not been able to conjure up Al's informative website. Kind of neat though, some years ago someone on the forum connected with Al. Not sure if Al came here and posted or the forum member shared with us an update of Al. Small world and odd how things we do can really impact other in ways we never realize.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Think the last we heard, and it could have been posted on this forum. Seems Al was in a pretty major motorcycle accident. My recollection is that an oncoming car drifted into Al's lane. For some reason I think this took place in Texas.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Gerry- I remembered his name: Flying Al. I couldn't go to sleep until I found it. I'm busy tomorrow and hopefully one of the old guys can locate the article and post it. Good night.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts