TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a tip. I got mine in two days. Put a "WANTED" ad on Craig's list. Bypass all the others out there looking. Picked up a 2008 with 3000 miles. Rear rack, new street tires, new battery, 2 quarts of oil, helmet, Battery Tender, shop manual, extra sprocket, tie down straps, and a aluminum loading ramp. For the great price of $2800
image.jpg

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the street tires in my shed 4 sale or trade. I was thinking shipping would be brutal

·
Registered
297 Posts
That looks like a 2006 model, not 2008- just like mine. Got mine off a Craigslist post $1800 with 790 miles. Original owner beat the snot out of it, so it's not as nice as yours though. I've put a lot of cleaning, detailing, and parts replacing time in on her so far. It's always tough to decide, just pay more up front and get a nicer example and not have to do anything or get it for less and fix it up. I enjoy bringing them back up to par though! Mine was the only one I found for sale close by-until after I bought it-then I saw some nicer, newer ones for just a little more $ !!!!!- Nice bike. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks like a 2006 model, not 2008- just like mine. Got mine off a Craigslist post $1800 with 790 miles. Original owner beat the snot out of it, so it's not as nice as yours though. I've put a lot of cleaning, detailing, and parts replacing time in on her so far. It's always tough to decide, just pay more up front and get a nicer example and not have to do anything or get it for less and fix it up. I enjoy bringing them back up to par though! Mine was the only one I found for sale close by-until after I bought it-then I saw some nicer, newer ones for just a little more $ !!!!!- Nice bike. Congrats.
Your right I mis typed it is a 2006. Your right about fixing motorcycles being costly. I bought a Honda 80 for my boys one Christmas years ago. I paid $250 thought I got a deal. Before long I had $750 in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts