TW200 Forum banner

Would you like a New seat?

• Not right now, but maybe in the future if Avl.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've had TW's for a while. I recently bought a 2010 and I'm having a blast with it. Don't know why I sold my 2001 now. Well, maybe something to do with the comfort level on longer rides. To that end, I've been talking to a rep at Seat Concepts and I think they may be interested in providing us with an alternative to the stock plank. I like the softness of the stocker, butt (pun intended) my rear end starts to get pissy after about 80 miles. The Seat Concepts guys can provide a better foam shape and a high quality new cover at a put it together yourself price. If enough demand is there, I think they may give us a nice option. Please chime in with your thoughts here.

http://seatconcepts.art.officelive.com/YAMAHA.aspx

·
Registered
527 Posts
Those look pretty nice. I've already booked to have mine custom rebuilt by Rick Mayer near the end of Nov. It is a bit more money, but I think it will be worth it from all of the testimonials I have read.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those look pretty nice. I've already booked to have mine custom rebuilt by Rick Mayer near the end of Nov. It is a bit more money, but I think it will be worth it from all of the testimonials I have read.

I'm thinking a group buy might help the cause!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The 02'-03' wr seat appears to be the best one for those of us with the rear cycleracks. I have a medium cruiser airhawk now that helps alot but widening the seat would probably make a world of difference. I may just be super sensitive in the rear but after 10-15 minutes of riding the stocker i'd have to take a break.
I reminisce about my old 150 scooter seat and how I could cruise for hours. If it is similar to the second to last and top left one, I'm in!

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
@ Mr. Zannini,

Perhaps you should be aware that for many English speaking Europeans the word "fanny" means "vagina".

Just a friendly heads up!

·
Registered
614 Posts
@ Mr. Zannini,

Perhaps you should be aware that for many English speaking Europeans the word "fanny" means "vagina".

Just a friendly heads up!

Haha, yes. It always makes me giggle to myself (in a juvenile way) when I hear or read Americans referring to fannies.

But you Americans laugh at us when we say something like, "I'm going out for a fag". Meaning a cigarette.

Sorry, off topic but couldn't resist.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i often laugh when my buddy from london says how his wife has a randy arse. took me a bit to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I sent them a email with my interest.....

Words that throw me for a loop are...............

Anti-clockwise, Bespoke , Arse about face, Spend a penny & Wobbler

I try and watch a lot of Top Gear to expand my vocabulary

[media]http://youtu.be/dyBl9vf8Td0[/media]

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

How does a group payment work??

Do we get a head count and order direct with a secret code or something?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

·
Registered
428 Posts
i dont know why but that funny as hell clip reminds me of a english tv show called wheeler dealers. i always watch wheeler dealers when im in the UK. way off topic but had to say.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
This is the response from seat concepts-

"If you want to set up a posting for a group buy on this seat we will be willing to work with you. We will do a similar offer like we did for the wr250 guys. 10+ gets 20% off and if you can get 20+ everyone gets 30% off."

10+ buyers : $128+$15 s/h =$143

20+ buyers : $112+$15 s/h =$127

·
Registered
26 Posts
No argument from me about the SC seats... I bought one for my wife's DRZ400 and after trying that out immediately picked up one for my DR650 as well. Its definitely on the list of upgrades as I restore my '92 TW

1 - 20 of 87 Posts