TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy replacement muffler for 2010 TW, prefer stock item; looking for something QUIET and doesn't require remortgaging the house...
I think most recent years will fit (?), so doesn't have to be 2010, or high performance.
Thanks.

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Maybe someone who bought an aftermarket noisemaker might wish to sell their OEM muffler. Are you Canadian,eh? Can used parts be shipped to Great White North w/o incurring wrath of customs agents?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the bike used, PO had drilled out spark arrester/silencer completely. I knew I would have to replace it, but they allowed it to pass safety check! It's too loud for me; I'm an urban rider and don't always want to draw attention.
From what I've read on the forum, the stock muffler is quietest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Outlet pipe is the "header"?
Right now it is still in place, just looking for quiet muffler to bolt back onto it, but if I end up getting a complete relacement, sure, I'll sell it

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Nice name "run'dover" , rather clever. Your post count seems to be stuck at 4 posts. Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Canadian too. Used should travel duty free, planning trip to Tenn over March break so may be able to ship part to Tenn and bring back duty free, new or used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Fred. Any help is welcome; may end up buying on-line, but wanted to check here first.
I'm just getting back into riding after a dozen years away from it. I'm $urprised at how much replacement parts seem to have increased in price!
Great website/forum!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
What have you found for replacement? I have two. one has been modified and you could do the same modification. Where did the PO drill? Can you remove the end cap/trailing edge/whatever it's called? I don't know how to post pics, but could text a pic to you.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The pipe outlet is the very end of the muffler where the tip of the exhaust pipe attaches to the muffler. The screw holding it on is at the very bottom with a hole cut out for it. I mean the end cap with the pipe. The parts book called it the "pipe outlet." Do any of yous guys have an extra endcap with the pipe?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm; the end cap got pretty torn up as I took it apart. I was able to drill out the screw, but it was so rusted (on the inside) to the muffler that the two would not separate as I would have liked. By the time I got done with it, it was very unusable. Pretty embarrassing really...

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Hmmm; the end cap got pretty torn up as I took it apart. I was able to drill out the screw, but it was so rusted (on the inside) to the muffler that the two would not separate as I would have liked. By the time I got done with it, it was very unusable. Pretty embarrassing really...
Happens to almost everybody bro.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just so ya know the outlet pipe is more commonly called the spark arrestor. I always say the default should be what the parts fishe calls it but for the benefit of others....

Also the XT225 it's the same part number.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts