TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find a right side cover for my 87 TW. The one I have is broken. The PO must have siliconed it together and f:"forgot" to tell me when I bought it. My fault for not looking her over better. You can txt me or call three one six - 30four - four47seven. I'm Tom.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Hi Tom,

I've got an '87 engine that I pulled the kicker out of so the right side cover would be available. I will take some pictures tonight and you can let me know if you are interested.

Just so you know, I am not aware of any changes to the right side cover so you could use one from any model year. From 2001 and up, the hole for the kickstarter shaft is plugged, but the plug is easily removable.

Brian

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Brian,

Sorry I didn't see your reply. I am not so good at navigating the forum. I am very interested in the side cover. Mine is siliconed together around the site glass IIRC. Hopefully there are no cracks or broken areas in your side cover. I live in Wichita KS 67212. What would be my cost shipped??

Thanks in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Brian,

I am wondering also about the muffler from your 87 TW. Mine is rusted out close to the rear on the bottom. Makes it a kind of raspy exhaust note. If it is in good condition, I might just spring for it also. Thanks in advance, Tom

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian,,, are you out there??? Hope I haven't done something to upset you.
Tom

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the response Andy10889. I would like to know what my cost would be shipped to 67212 for both items and the side cover alone if you would please. Thanks in advance, Tom

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't find a picture of the side cover and the exhaust on your photobucket page. Might not be savvy enough. SHOCKING. My email address is jtomelliott49atgmail.com my phone is 3one6-3zero4-four477. you can call or text. I don't get picturemail or data on my phone. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur.

Thanks in advance. Tom

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Brian,,, are you out there??? Hope I haven't done something to upset you.
Tom
Sorry about the non response Tom, but the wife and I have been traveling for the past week or so and the few times that I checked in here I didn't see your post. I won't be back home until Monday evening but will take a look at the muffler to see what kind of shape it is in.

Andy's parts will fit your bike just fine (the engine cover may not match if that matters to you), but feel free to do a deal with him. Otherwise I will get back in touch with you next week.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Brian,

Let me know when you are back home so we can check on price and shipping please. I want to try to buy the best of the two used right side covers.

Hope your vacation went well.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whomever you want to deal with is fine with me also, not trying to step in front of anyone. Just let me know what you decide.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looking for a front rack. I know the new ones are $160. That seems like a bit much. A used one would be fine. I posted a photo of what I want.

Rack.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts