TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what filter do you guys recommend?
also what size is the fuel line from the tank to carb? any suggestions on where to buy?

thanks
atom

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Use a quality filter because some of the knock off on Amazon or not made very well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dirt and street: UNI FILTER 100% ALL THE WAY!
Street Only: You can use a K&N, but I only use UNI FILTER!

Give this a watch (time marked to get right to the point) about UNI Filters:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have a XT225 tank on my TW200, but the filter set up is the same. Here's a photo. Notice there are markings to show which direction fuel should flow. I use clear fuel line so I can see flow if needed. I also use worm drive hose clamps, not the little wire things, to hold it all together. I also carry an extra length of hose in case I need to swap out if there ever is a filter failure.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I have the same setup....But used high performance yellow fuel line because it matches the stripes on the tank.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
The yellowish Tygon fuel line does not seem to get as stiff as quickly as the clear polyethylene .

Carrying spare section of fuel line is wise. With a set-up identical to SkiPro's I have twice had the poly line crack in the short section between petcock and fuel filter. Once fellow rider Evan fixed me up on the road. Another time I was deep in Utah's Cathedral Valley and had a gas soaked leg for a 40 mile ride out until tank ran dry about 8 miles from camp. Fortunately I had a Rotopak to dump into tank and then down my leg again.
I believe the petcock & carb are sized for a 6mm nominal I.D. fuel line but the filters are for 1/4" so a "stretchy" material is a bonus. The 1/4" inline filters can also break during fuel line/ gas tank removal after some time so having a spare on hand can be a bonus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts