TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Cool another cheesehead. Welcome from Milwaukee. That is a nice color combo. I believe they used that color (with different accent colors) from 03 to 05. Check out the various colors combos by year below. Narrowing your search to a few years could take some time to find.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/49393-tws-year-photo-collection.html

I dont know if this one is sold yet. You could send the poster a private message.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-classifieds/51201-2003-tw-200-sale-s-tx-$2250.html

If you haven’t already checked craigslist, take a look. Also I have seen good deals on Facebook Marketplace. If you’re not on FB, I can send you the ones I think are priced well.

I inspected the red over black one on Craigslist in Elkhart Lake for $1,700. He passed on my offer. I’ll give you my notes if needed. Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I’m willing to wait for a 2005 or would consider others in my year range of post-2001. I looked at that one in EHL- too far and not in my year range. I check FB, CL, EBay, Letgo, CPro, BikeFinds, and OfferUp several times per day. I figure minneapolis is my best bet and only an hour or hour and a half away. I also thought maybe someone on here would have a 2005 for sale. I also would like to find a Yamaha Big Wheel and am interested in certain 1980’s ATC’s and Tri-Moto’s.:)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I love the 2005 as well and I know it's a favorite of several other forum members. The black swing arm looks really nice as well as the darker charcoal color of the frame compared to the lighter silver color of most frames, The 2002 with the blue frame is beautiful and I wish they used more "sexy" frame colors throughout the years. Yami made gorgeous yellow and black 50th anniversary bikes but not with the TW200 sad to say because that would have been a very popular TW to own.

I do have a pristine set of TW's one 2005 with 305 miles and a 2006 with 105 miles purchased new in Phoenix and stored in an AC garage for a decade.

The nicest TW I ever owned was also a 2005 that a CHP retired trooper bought in Riverside CA and only put 95 miles on it. A dealer took it in on a trade for $700 and offered it to me for "high book" value of $2100 which I jumped on. My mistake was letting somebody see it in the back of my van on my way home and they offered me full new MSRP cash for it which was hard to say no to so I let it go. That guy really wanted a 2006 and I had a really nice one of those in the van at the time and he called me an hour later wanting to trade the 2005 for the 2006 which I agreed to do and I offered him the 06 for almost $1000 less but I may have been too eager / excited about the swap because he decided to keep the 2005. A month later he sent me pics of how he painted the whole bike in camouflage colors and I just about fainted lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
‘05s are the best. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the 2005 as well and I know it's a favorite of several other forum members. The black swing arm looks really nice as well as the darker charcoal color of the frame compared to the lighter silver color of most frames, The 2002 with the blue frame is beautiful and I wish they used more "sexy" frame colors throughout the years. Yami made gorgeous yellow and black 50th anniversary bikes but not with the TW200 sad to say because that would have been a very popular TW to own.

I do have a pristine set of TW's one 2005 with 305 miles and a 2006 with 105 miles purchased new in Phoenix and stored in an AC garage for a decade.

The nicest TW I ever owned was also a 2005 that a CHP retired trooper bought in Riverside CA and only put 95 miles on it. A dealer took it in on a trade for $700 and offered it to me for "high book" value of $2100 which I jumped on. My mistake was letting somebody see it in the back of my van on my way home and they offered me full new MSRP cash for it which was hard to say no to so I let it go. That guy really wanted a 2006 and I had a really nice one of those in the van at the time and he called me an hour later wanting to trade the 2005 for the 2006 which I agreed to do and I offered him the 06 for almost $1000 less but I may have been too eager / excited about the swap because he decided to keep the 2005. A month later he sent me pics of how he painted the whole bike in camouflage colors and I just about fainted lol

Wow that’s some horse tradin! How could someone buy a 2005 w/95 miles and then paint it camo?! Well I did buy a 2002 today, very nice bike with only 1600 miles, all stock still. It’ll do until I find my 2005. You like the 2002?? Well I’d be glad to trade you for your 2005 if you ever get up this way!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Wow that’s some horse tradin! How could someone buy a 2005 w/95 miles and then paint it camo?! Well I did buy a 2002 today, very nice bike with only 1600 miles, all stock still. It’ll do until I find my 2005. You like the 2002?? Well I’d be glad to trade you for your 2005 if you ever get up this way!!
I like the Blue frame of the 2002 it's an awesome color!

I do tend to get back to Michigan and or Wisconsin once a year and the past few years back to NY and even Connecticut then down to Tennessee and NC looping back to AZ

This year I'd like to add in Florida as well but we'll see

Lots of TW and ROKON deals back near the great lakes

Post us some pics of your new 2002 we geek over pics lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
We have plenty of nice RV parks here in Coastal GA and right across the border in SC too. Don’t forget about us, we’d love to have you here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the Blue frame of the 2002 it's an awesome color!

I do tend to get back to Michigan and or Wisconsin once a year and the past few years back to NY and even Connecticut then down to Tennessee and NC looping back to AZ

This year I'd like to add in Florida as well but we'll see

Lots of TW and ROKON deals back near the great lakes

Post us some pics of your new 2002 we geek over pics lol
1ACC2DB3-8B90-4415-9B93-05A0E14754CD.jpeg 1ACC2DB3-8B90-4415-9B93-05A0E14754CD.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts