TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intake boot has a rip so I figured I'd try to see if anyone had a good used one sitting around before I dished out almost $40 to the local yamaha shop for a new one. Its the rubber "boot" that connects the carb to the head, not the carb to the airbox. If you have one that is in good condition let me know what you want for it. I believe that all years are the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks trailz_rider. I checked with my local Yamaha shop as well as a private shop and both quoted me almost $40....they must get retail price.

·
Registered
369 Posts
they must be a crappy design as my 09 had it's manifold replaced with about 400 miles on it. the black stuff was flaking off

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My intake would have been fine except the owner before me did a real "half-ass" job of butchering the airbox to fit a K&N filter on, which in turn caused excessive down force on the back of the carb resulting in a tear in the top of the intake boot. I've replace the entire airbox assembly with stock and am now waiting on the new intake to arrive. I wonder if you just got a bad one woofhound? Maybe '09 had an issue.....mine is an '06.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't know what caused it, the dealer looked at it and said he would replace it, i figured might as well get it replaced under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts