TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bracket's deformities are beyond my little shop, been on too many Fredz Easy Rides
Why did I ever give my acetylene rig to my brother?
I could spend $50 for new bracket, or attempt repair with a little hydraulic press work, or a little heat and beat black smithing (neither of which I have easy to access anymore)
Or I could first see if could trade with the natives here.
Just after a surplus bracket, the IMS footpeg is fine and will be re-abused, I mean re-used later.
Any parts, help, advice, or scolding cheerfully accepted.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Only as long as it is not needed surplus Kris.
After all it's my responsibility that I ran into all those rocks.
Mine bracket is not all that bad, think it might buff out?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Please Brian!
What would a goof ball like me do without the help of such wonderful folks as TW-Brian and Admiral, among others?

I wore the Betty Boop watch Brian that sent to me the other night to dinner with some non-moto friends. Got lots of laughs and allowed me to tell some entertaining TW tales. Thanks again Brian, my sense of gratitude and indebtedness is boundless.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll dedicate the first gouge in your honor. Might even weld up the tiny stress crack at base I noticed when I looking inside the gift horse's mouth Left Footpeg Mount2.jpg

Yesterday's success welding a broken stalk mount on Betty's auxiliary light pod has made me overconfident enough to think I could grind and weld a crack.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
I'll dedicate the first gouge in your honor. Might even weld up the tiny stress crack at base I noticed when I looking inside the gift horse's mouth View attachment 176626

Yesterday's success welding a broken stalk mount on Betty's auxiliary light pod has made me overconfident enough to think I could grind and weld a crack.

Brians looks brand new compared to yours and turns out mine. While mine is slightly better shape than yours, mine still looks like a 40 year old hooker...well used! Some I'm told.

Your the main TW-Brian...again.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no doubt that Mrs.Admiral keeps you thoroughly distracted from any 40 year old industrial grade professional service providers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts