TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have extra main jets from tuning the old (prior to 2001) carb? Im looking for a 118 and a 120. Thanks

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I am also looking for a 132. I'll ask my friend if he has any jets for an older carb.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am also looking for a 132. I'll ask my friend if he has any jets for an older carb.

I've got a spare genuine Yamaha 132 - never used - I bought from PowersportsPlus.com. For the bargain price of $6.00 I'll send it to you via regular mail.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I've got a spare genuine Yamaha 132 - never used - I bought from PowersportsPlus.com. For the bargain price of $6.00 I'll send it to you via regular mail.
Thanks buddy, I have played with my carb and have done plug chops and found that after shimming the needle, I am running just about perfect. If you want to get rid of it I would suggest creating a thread in this classifieds section and i'm sure that someone in a hotter area will be quick to buy it from you. Thanks again!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just FYI, if you can't find what you are looking for used, I ordered those exact jets last week from Powersports Plus for my 92 model..

Yamaha #118 jet

Yamaha #120 jet

They were $4.32 each. Total for both, with $1.75 shipping included, was $10.39 to my door.
I'm hoping this isn't a hijack (seems to be on topic or at least near-topic) I see you're including a 130 jet in your kit on eBay, is that what you think would work best with the new carb? Mine pops a lot as I ride down my hill to the pavement - starting at only 1300 feet and ending at about 300 feet altitude. I never ride much about 2000 feet. I know the puppy is running lean but don't know if I should go 130 or just 128 up from the stock 126.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm hoping this isn't a hijack (seems to be on topic or at least near-topic) I see you're including a 130 jet in your kit on eBay, is that what you think would work best with the new carb? Mine pops a lot as I ride down my hill to the pavement - starting at only 1300 feet and ending at about 300 feet altitude. I never ride much about 2000 feet. I know the puppy is running lean but don't know if I should go 130 or just 128 up from the stock 126.

I might get flamed for this, but, yes, I believe the 130 is a good jet for most near everybody short of high altitude guys. You could wear your eyes out reading till your head hurts on here about jetting and the efforts fellows go to in an attempt to get them perfect. Fact is, it's not that precise. Look at it this way, Yamaha puts the same size jet in these bikes whether they are sold in Dry Crotch Florida or Armpit Arizona and 99 percent of the owners ride their bikes for years without ever giving a second's thought to carburetor jetting. Yes, they have to use the choke longer than they really should. Yes, the bike will sneeze when it's not fully warmed up, yes it will pop a bit occasionally. They are lean from the factory due to emissions. If you fatten the jet up it alleviates the lean running issues simple as that, as long as you don't get greedy and go too rich (which a 130 wont be anywhere near that) you'll have a better running bike.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I might get flamed for this, but, yes, I believe the 130 is a good jet for most near everybody short of high altitude guys. You could wear your eyes out reading till your head hurts on here about jetting and the efforts fellows go to in an attempt to get them perfect. Fact is, it's not that precise. Look at it this way, Yamaha puts the same size jet in these bikes whether they are sold in Dry Crotch Florida or Armpit Arizona and 99 percent of the owners ride their bikes for years without ever giving a second's thought to carburetor jetting. Yes, they have to use the choke longer than they really should. Yes, the bike will sneeze when it's not fully warmed up, yes it will pop a bit occasionally. They are lean from the factory due to emissions. If you fatten the jet up it alleviates the lean running issues simple as that, as long as you don't get greedy and go too rich (which a 130 wont be anywhere near that) you'll have a better running bike.

Thanks. I ordered one of your kits and you don't deserve any flames - good solid, simple information.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

I'm at 400 ft elevation and my bike ran like crap with the 130 main jet. When I went up to the mountains in TN it was almost unrideable by 3000 ft. It was better with the stock 126 main. Now I'm running a 128 and 3 shims and it seems to be right on. I know a lot of guys stick in a 130 and 5 shims and have good results, I wasn't one of those cases. I think following qwerty's guide is the way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts