TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an avid reader of the forum for about a year now learning everything I can before diving into a TW project. I really need just the counter shaft from a TW200 transmission. I don't have a parts bike to source one from but I thought maybe someone on the forum might have one laying around from a previous bike teardown or have one in a spare bottom end. If anybody has one that they would be willing to part with please let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.
Thanks everyone. I love this forum!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Try eBay, that's where I got mine from. I paid around 40 shipped iirc.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum Doctor (I didn't think you would appreciate being called stupid :eek:).

Joeband is right, you can occasionally find good deals on ebay. I just picked up this pile of parts for $35.00 shipped. The main parts that I was interested in are the internal kickstarter parts and the output shaft.

TW200 Parts.JPG

Also, I am not entirely clear what you are referring to as the transmission counter shaft. Are you referring to what Yamaha calls the Drive Axle Assembly (commonly referred to as the output shaft, which is the longer shaft with 5 gears in the center of the above picture)?

Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes sir Brian. The one on the right in that picture. The one the sprocket attaches to and rides in the bearing in the outer engine case. I'll keep an eye on eBay and see what I can find. I'm looking to get one machined for a 6 speed and be able to build it with my bike still on the road.

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
Well, the Doctor isn't stupid after all. Good plan to machine six speeder parts in advance. Welcome, luv yer screen name.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Yes sir Brian. The one on the right in that picture. The one the sprocket attaches to and rides in the bearing in the outer engine case. I'll keep an eye on eBay and see what I can find. I'm looking to get one machined for a 6 speed and be able to build it with my bike still on the road.
That's what I figured you were looking for ;).

I will keep you in mind if I come across another one.

·
Registered
816 Posts
damn it I was eyeing that pile of schtuff. I wanted the kicker parts. Might be interested in that cam gear though.

Welcome to the forum Doctor (I didn't think you would appreciate being called stupid :eek:).

Joeband is right, you can occasionally find good deals on ebay. I just picked up this pile of parts for $35.00 shipped. The main parts that I was interested in are the internal kickstarter parts and the output shaft.

View attachment 12781

Also, I am not entirely clear what you are referring to as the transmission counter shaft. Are you referring to what Yamaha calls the Drive Axle Assembly (commonly referred to as the output shaft, which is the longer shaft with 5 gears in the center of the above picture)?

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts