TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newer the better, but I'd consider anything after '87 if it's in good shape.

Thank you,
Brad

·
Registered
29 Posts
1995 Yamaha TW200

Saw this one in Springfield, Il today. Don't know your local but I would consider driving from Iowa to get it as a backup....that is if my wife wouldn't find out = )

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
TW's tend to go fast here in Indiana. There have been at least two sweet ones listed in the last couple months. Keep checking bikefinds.com and Yakaz daily...maybe even several times a day. You'll find one. Might help if you give people a rough idea where you are in Indiana so if one pops up across a near border from you they can let you know. For instance, Ohio and Michigan borders are very close to me, and many places in those states would be far closer than say Evansville.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What are foids?
Firearms Owner ID card. That means they would trade guns that are legal in the state of Illinois for a portion or possibley all of the value of the TW. Illinois has their own strict rules on guns and ammo. Used to live there 25yrs ago and don't miss it one bit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TW's tend to go fast here in Indiana. There have been at least two sweet ones listed in the last couple months. Keep checking bikefinds.com and Yakaz daily...maybe even several times a day. You'll find one. Might help if you give people a rough idea where you are in Indiana so if one pops up across a near border from you they can let you know. For instance, Ohio and Michigan borders are very close to me, and many places in those states would be far closer than say Evansville.
Good idea. I've seen a couple pop up this winter. Lost the chance and one with one of our snow storms, and another guy was about 2.5 hours away and couldn't commit to being home at a certain time.

Edited profile.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Small's. I'm in Columbus. That tw looks like a great deal. I'm still sad about missing that tw your friend had for sale last year. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm so jealous of everything that you guys have posted. I literally search every available resource for 1000+ miles around me. The cheapest I can find are mid-90s bikes, and they're still over $2k.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It's hard to find a deal, I happened to get lucky with my '05 for $1800 with a new Cycleracks rack. It took me over three months of looking every day.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think I got luckier rbm...I found mine the first day I looked...and if I remember correctly, I picked it up within two days

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I think I got luckier rbm...I found mine the first day I looked...and if I remember correctly, I picked it up within two days
Very lucky! I had been looking on and off for over a year (not seriously) and it still took me three months when I was serious...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Craigslist pro app is $1.99. You can select the craigslist locations you want and enter your search words "tw200" you can save that search and as soon as one pops up the app will give you an alert kinda like when you get a text. I just got it two weeks ago. I was looking for a welder and I got the notification and called the guy and he said he had just listed it. It was worth the $2. If you see a blue/white 98 in Columbus its probably my old one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Small's, you are a very helpful guy. I just bought the app.

When I run into you on the road, lunch is on me!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts