TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to acquire a spare seat for customization and just use my normal seat to handle the daily dirty work of being awesome.
I would like to get a super used on the cheap or just the plastic pan. I am planning on ripping it down to the pan anyway to layer foam and replace the cover. Thanks guys

EDIT- I am good now guys. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey Bluefox -

There is a salvage yard here in town that has about 6-8 TW's in various states of destruction. They are pretty well picked over, however, they do have several TW seats, one is actually in pretty good shape. If your interested I have to run by there on Friday anyway, I can pick the best one up for you. How much are you willing to spend? Shipping from ID to PA is probably $15 bucks. Let me know.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
There is a salvage yard here in town that has about 6-8 TW's in various states of destruction. They are pretty well picked over, however, they do have several TW seats, one is actually in pretty good shape. If your interested I have to run by there on Friday anyway
Hey BkCntry,

If you do make it to that salvage yard, maybe you could snap a few pics of the TW's that they have there? It would be interesting to see what is left on them.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Hey BkCntry,
If you do make it to that salvage yard, maybe you could snap a few pics of the TW's that they have there? It would be interesting to see what is left on them.
Thanks,
Brian
yes, i'd like a transmission outshaft

·
Registered
96 Posts
BkCntry,

Let us know if they have disc brake forks. It looks like Dustin88 and I are both in the market for a left lower.

Joeband,

I should have transmission parts around lunchtime on Wednesday. I will take pictures for you when I get the parts.

Matthew

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'll swing by Friday, shoot some pictures and post. If memory serves me correctly (keep in mind that I'm a shade over 50...sitting in a brewery in northern Idaho :eek:ccasion14:) most of the bikes are pre-2001. I don't recall any disc brake carcasses. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bluefox -

Attached are some pic's of the seat, they claim they want $40 for it but I can probably get it for $25-$30. Let me know if you want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Salvage Yard Carcasses

Okay - here's the bikes that are at the salvage yard, pretty picked over, a couple of good frames if anyone needed one, not sure I'd trust the forks and I believe they are all pre-2000. They do get a few of these over the summer and I'll keep my eyes open.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Thanks BkCntry!

There are still lots of good parts left on those carcasses. If I were closer I would be going after some top/bottom end parts.

This white bike still has all the inner kickstarter parts. All someone would need to do is unhook the return spring, remove one circlip and pull off the idler gear and inner kickstarter gear assembly - 30 seconds of work and you will have saved someone about $130.00.

I'll give you $50.00 for 30 seconds of your time!

Brian

·
Registered
416 Posts
Brian - Attached is a picture of another TW at the salvage yard that has a more complete engine. I will probably be down in Morgan Hill in June and could deliver an engine to you if you want. I will swing by and have them pull the kick starter gear assembly. At this yard, you don't "bring your own tools", they pull them for you. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Brian -

Been out of town but finally got down to the salvage yard today. They are pulling this gear assembly and I'll pick it up on Friday. PM me your address and I'll send it over to you.

Tim

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow, I would love to get that white ones swingarm to do a 2" extension. Mabe 2 if they are cheap enough.
ilbiker - I'll check what they want for the swing arm on Friday... out of town for work til then. If it wasn't for this "work" thing, a guy could have a lot more fun!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts