TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking at the national weather map the past few weeks and noticed most of the states has warmer than average temps. Here in UTAH the temps have been well below zero to about 30 thirty for weeks. I am ready to fly some where with warm weather beaches in February for 6 days.

I have considered St Thomas/St John Islands or Cancun, or a 3 -day Cruise out of Cape Canaveral FL. Due to the cheap airfare to Orlando in February.

Where would you go?

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
Morea? Of course I might just not come back;) Tahiti and all of French Polynesia and the Society Islands would be good destinations.

moorea-island2.jpg

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
With only 6 days perhaps something more reasonable should be recommended, perhaps Melbourne Beach outside Orlando. Take a snorkel and mask and go dive for sunken Spanish gold. orl-travel-melbournepic2.jpeg

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Monroe Loop 2.png

Heading down to Naples{where little Sis lives} and travel the Loop Road, Monroe Station, and the Everglades....February is prime riding month, and that is the early plan...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wife and I did a trip to Playa del Carmen last winter, booked on Costco Travel. All inclusive, 85 degree air, 82 degree water, affordable and fun. We did some day trips off resort, but the sun and the beach with all the food and drink you wanted was nice too.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hoot,
Where was that pic taken?
And, can you please describe that Loop Rd., Monroe Station, etc.
I live in Palm Beach County and here unpaved roads are extremely rare.
Thanks.
Loop Road is located at the old Monroe Station on US 41{Tamiami Trail} just east of Everglades City....Loop is basically a dirt road through the north central part of the Everglades south and east towards Miami....lots of great scenery and plenty of Gators and Birds....I took these in February 2008 while taking a Jeep trip down the Loop :eek:

Loop Road Monroe Station.png Loop Road Gator.png

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Where I have been going every time the kids are off from school for the past 20 winters. Islamorada Florida, come on in, the water's fine.
Great place Flood...but back in the 50s it was even better...few tourists...lol, just locals, me and dad{and brother} used to fish down that way back in the day...was a day trip from where I grew up in Venice...we would fish off the flats for a day and stay in a car 'camp' and head back late the next day...usually from Friday to Sunday...:victorious:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
^^^Sounds like a plan, my winter plans are still in motion...once basketball is done{for me} around February 20th, I have a month to maneuver around before baseball season begins....starting next wing I am finished with roundball on or before February 1st and will take 6 weeks to ride or whatever down south:cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A lot of good choices, I would love to do the South Pacific, Fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti and more. But I can't get a big block of time off from work to make the expensive Airline tickets worth traveling there. I can fly from UTAH to FLORIDA round trip and taxes for $210 in February. Maybe in 2017 I will do the Exotic Trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts