TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sitting around having coffee when the TV and Smart Phones alerted. Warning inbound ballast missile... This is not a drill

That was scary all of us huddled in the bathroom on the 7th floor building waiting for the explosion. We were waiting at least 20 minutes before we knew it was a false alarm.

Glad I’m a Christian

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
One of these days He'll come like a thief in the night. Many many won't be ready for the Lord's return. I'm glad you are a Christian too Rick.

Sitting around having coffee when the TV and Smart Phones alerted. Warning inbound ballast missile... This is not a drill

That was exciting all of us huddled in the bathroom on the 7th floor building waiting for the explosion. We were waiting at least 20 minutes before we knew it was a false alarm.

Glad I’m a Christian

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Probably not much you can do to survive a nuclear attack here on this island. They have been testing the warning system for two months now. My girls didn’t take heed and make any preparations in the event it was real. They were pissed off that it was a false alarm. I’m glad and pointed it out that it’s time to prepare.

Got to go hiking
Later

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
If I was a good surfer or paddle boarder / kayaker etc I'd paddle out as far as I could go and head for any island that wasn't hit. Of course EMP high altitude burst is the more likely scenario

In reality I don't believe there will be any warning and it's amazing how many people think we can "shoot them down" we have no ICBM rentry (multiple warhead) vehicle defense except launching a counter attack

btw the easy way to nuke Oahu would not be a missile it would be a shipping container brought into Pearl Harbor

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went back and read my original post and realized I had used the word “exciting”. I changed the word to scary because it was scary. The warning stated that we were minutes from impact. Nicole was extremely upset even an hour afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
4,877 Posts
The likelihood of any accurate nuke attack is practically nil – the only source at the moment is North Korea, and all they can do is “lob” one into the sea to within 1000 square miles – “one” at a time, they have no more than that

Not much consolation when you’re the recipient, but look at Japan – they have gone through this scenario multiple times already

In contrast, Russia had over 300 nukes aimed at Britain alone, all of which would have been launched within one hour – most would have found their mark to within ten miles

If the fat man with a funny haircut ever did let a live one loose anywhere near you, he’s going to unleash holy hell on his country – South Korea will take the brunt of it, a case of “unavoidable collateral damage”

China is unlikely to want to get involved, preferring to remain neutral – they want to take over the world – not destroy it …….

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I went back and read my original post and realized I had used the word “exciting”. I changed the word to scary because it was scary. The warning stated that we were minutes from impact. Nicole was extremely upset even an hour afterwards.
I don't blame you I'm pissed and I'm in Arizona but I'll be on the NorthShore first of March

Why the hell would they notify if there is literally nothing that can be done

Just remember all "warnings" will be fake remember how incompetent all government is they will never see it coming

Now if you hear a nuke hit Guam grab some sea kayaks and paddle out ASAP

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It funny (or maybe not) but I forgot you were vacationing and posting from Oahu.
Ballistic Missile Warning in Maryland (thought I????).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fat man with funny hair....I had to wonder which one for a moment. He'd have to literally be insane to launch. It looks to me like North Korea would be owned by any number of individual nations in a manner of days. The US doesn't need any help there.
Jj

We have not met nor have I posted a picture of myself, but it sounded for a bit that you were referring to me.. :p

·
Super Moderator
4,877 Posts
From what (back to the thread) I can gather - some idiot hit the wrong button

Given how many buttons and idiots there are out there, it's not looking good ......

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We were invited to a cookout this evening where we meet a bunch of the girls friends. The conversations quickly went to the missile threat. Some were terrified and others didn’t believe it and went on with there day.
The news here blames President Trump. Go figure

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
We were invited to a cookout this evening where we meet a bunch of the girls friends. The conversations quickly went to the missile threat. Some were terrified and others didn’t believe it and went on with there day.
The news here blames President Trump. Go figure
What possible angle could the media be using to blame Trump????

Tom

·
Registered
69 Posts
7TH floor probably isn't a great place to be during an airbust. Underground as deep as you can get. Even if it's a parking structure. The more material between you and the initial burst of radiation, heat, pressure, ect the better. Gather whatever supplies you have and quickly make your way down.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Maybe the most humane thing would be to succumb during the initial attack.
Imagine the survivor's ordeal and the horror if the blast effects were to wipe out the surf's left hand break at Pupukea? pukaua.jpg
Hey Bro,i hea kahi i hele ai ka heʻenalu?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts