TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was riding up Hwy 9 conducting my Avgas experiment I came across a parked Lamborghini with a young lady looking over the edge of the road. I stopped to see if she needed help. She said a car had just gone off the road. I looked over the edge and there was an exotic, high performance car, in amongst the trees. I couldn't tell what kind it was but the one on the road was a Lamborghini so I thought it too was a Lamborghini.

The next day the paper said a Porsche had gone off the road. My mission became to go back to the crash site and determine what kind of car it was.

This is that story.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
The rear 'turbo' logo is from a Porsche. Hope the driver is okay, but, no matter what you drive, it's never okay to be an idiot on public roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
sherlock tony with his famous accident reconstruction and investigations! was that yellow plastic part of the airbags? could have put that turbo logo on the T-dub! a porsche-yamaha hybrid for you.... ;)

i'm surprised that wasn't crawling with poison oak??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The rear 'turbo' logo is from a Porsche. Hope the driver is okay, but, no matter what you drive, it's never okay to be an idiot on public roads.
I knew it was from a Porsche. Last I heard the driver and passenger survived. Had I left my house a minute or two sooner I may have been a victim of his foolishness.

sherlock tony with his famous accident reconstruction and investigations! was that yellow plastic part of the airbags? could have put that turbo logo on the T-dub! a porsche-yamaha hybrid for you.... ;)

i'm surprised that wasn't crawling with poison oak??
He was going to fast and lost control and slid off the road into some trees. No mystery here.

The firemen left the yellow tarp.

You're a nature guy and since you brought up poison oak -- I have read that the local Indians used to eat a little poison oak and this gave them immunity to the ill effects of the plant. Have you ever heard of that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Last I heard the driver and passenger survived. Had I left my house a minute or two sooner I may have been a victim of his foolishness.
He was going to fast and lost control and slid off the road into some trees. No mystery here. The firemen left the yellow tarp.
sounds like a burma shave ad:

hey driver... a fast car... a slow corner.... soon you'll find.... a nice coroner. my cousin rides his bike up there and was almost taken out last month by a nissan gtr practicing drifting. almost makes you wish darwin worked faster for them before they take out someone else.

You're a nature guy and since you brought up poison oak -- I have read that the local Indians used to eat a little poison oak and this gave them immunity to the ill effects of the plant. Have you ever heard of that?
i have heard that.... though have never been brave or foolish enough to try it. luckily i seem to not be overly sensitive too it, and can spot it a long ways off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Tony, I have (experimented) with poison oak many times. As a teenager I was all over the place, often ending up with the rash. I would get so bad that 90% of my body was covered. I soon learned to stay out of the stuff. In my early 20's I was a fireman and back into the poison from time to time. At that time I would get an itch and a little rash, but nothing like years earlier. For the last 20 years or so I have been in and around poison oak quit a bit. Now days I some times get a little itch but no rash. So, I would say you can build an immunity to it. After what I have gone through, I still say "Don't experiment with that one Tony!"

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tony, I have (experimented) with poison oak many times. As a teenager I was all over the place, often ending up with the rash. I would get so bad that 90% of my body was covered. I soon learned to stay out of the stuff. In my early 20's I was a fireman and back into the poison from time to time. At that time I would get an itch and a little rash, but nothing like years earlier. For the last 20 years or so I have been in and around poison oak quit a bit. Now days I some times get a little itch but no rash. So, I would say you can build an immunity to it. After what I have gone through, I still say "Don't experiment with that one Tony!"

Joe
I don;t get it like I used to either. However, two friends many years ago were arguing if a plant was p. oak or not. The guy that said it wasn't then rubbed it all over his body yelling "See! It doesn't bother me!". Long story short he spent a few days soaking in something like oatmeal along with cortisone shots.

I was only joking hinting you eat some. I would never suggest it if I thought even remotely someone would take me seriously and actually eat it. That is one decision one makes sans my input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Back in April 1987 a study on ingesting poison ivy to develop immunity was reported in the Archives of Dermatology. The report said it didn't work. But cases of severe reactions in the mouth of people who have tried a nibble of poison ivy are well documented. The future may bring a pill that decreases sensitivity to poison ivy, oak, and sumac, and the pill may be derived from the plants, but no doctor I have ever talked to recommends eating poison ivy, no matter how small the bite.
retrieved
9/13/13 from Backpacker Magazine - Eat Poison Ivy: Build Immunity?

or this one: Eating poison ivy to gain immunity?

ball's in your court tony.... let us know how it works ;)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top