TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS just dropped this off.Shinko 244 Dual Sport Front - Rear Tire
Color- --, Size- 5.10-18
SKU#142564 Shipped $55.99 my stock tire only has 40 miles on it so I am not sure when I will put it on.:cool:
Motorcycle superstore

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'll second that, put it on now! That stock tire sucks. My 244 has well over 3000 miles on it, mostly street, and it's still got a TON of tread left. Sticks to both dirt and pavement a lot better than the stock tire too

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you are gonna ride offroad at all, do yourself a favor and put it on now!
Yup change it now before the OEM one possibly gets you hurt. It makes a better swing for the kids IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
17,941 Posts
Remember a new tire can be slippery at first until it gets scuffed up for a few miles.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I hated the OEM front tire before I changed to the Shinko 244 4.60-18. Now, I think the OEM tire is dangerous. Everyone should change to anything else. To top it off, my OEM tire was 18 years old and harder than calculus.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I just did it for both my bikes, Shinko 244s and Bridgestone TW34. Rockmountain had them for $58.99 and $97.99 each delivered. I did give it a go to install them myself but after about an hour in the garage I loaded all 4 in the truck and took them to the dealer. For $25 each getting the old ones off and new ones with new tubes on and balanced I could not be bothered expending the energy to DIY. I think this is the best $200 per bike I have spent so far.

Just a quick 2 mile road run so far on one TW and the Shinko does feel a bit squirrely but I will get used to it once it gets scuffed. I am running 18PSI in both and put the heavy duty tubes in.

GaryL

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree, get rid of the crappy front tire. I got the 241 not the 244 but man what a difference. The front feels like its glued to the ground unlike the stocker which by the way only had 300 miles on it in case anyone is looking for one cheap.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I am running 22 psi, both front and back for the street. Shinko 244 feels good on the front. TW34, back. I go to 18 psi in both for dirt/gravel.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hated the OEM front tire before I changed to the Shinko 244 4.60-18. Now, I think the OEM tire is dangerous. Everyone should change to anything else. To top it off, my OEM tire was 18 years old and harder than calculus.
Did you mean the branch of math or the stuff that the hygienist has to scrape off your teeth? :) Calculus, that is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts