TW200 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
:D Wow , at first I thought that had a belt drive conversion on it until I zoomed the picture in , look at the mud on that chain 馃槻
Yeah, we got caught out in a rainstorm in the desert. You can see the result of the clay-like soil when it gets wet. It's been known to stop full-size vehicles in their tracks also. A nice weekend ride turned into an adventure rather quickly it did!

Registered
First... a little music... perhaps some light AC/DC to get my "Fat Gypsy" in the mood...

With a bucket filled with the finest chemical guys soap that money can buy, I scrub that girl down like she's got Covid-19, from tread to tread, giving it an extra enthusiastic two-pump scrub every time "thun-der" blasts from the speakers.

Making sure to get the interior fenders, front of the engine and exhaust, wheels, chain and all the more visible areas.

My girls always get the best shoes, while my actual girl kills it in some pumps, my TW doesn't seem to move as fast in heels, so the next best thing is making her tires looknice and new...

Armor all??? SACRELIGE!!!!

Lather her feet up with some delicious lemon pledge and watchthose tires get reborn without accelerating dry-rot, the motorcycle version of athletes foot.

I do this, all while making sure my "remove before takeoff" exhaust plug is securely seated in the mouth of my DG-V2 noisemaker to prevent water from getting into the exhaust and possibly back into the engine. No matter what your friend who's "ridden dirt bikes before he can walk" says, you don't need to spray inside the muffler to get all the carbon and soot out, that's where the carbon fairy lives, and she's allergic to water! You don't want a carbon fairy murder on your conscience.

Outside of that, make sure you wipe down your mirrors and lights, and that's pretty much how bathtime goes for my TW.

Registered
Another tip for mud/sludge and dirt... once the bike is clean and dry... hit the underside, skid plate, and inside fenders with PAM cooking spray, a friend taught me that... helped quite a bit for the post ride cleanup.
it does help, i was it on my snow plow and snow blower

Registered
The good part about washing and or keeping the infamous TW clean is, if you actually dry it off with a towel or whatever, you also are doing a form of an inspection. You get to see all the intricate parts up close and personal. And that may, just may prevent a casualty by spotting something that's on the brink of breaking/wearing out/cracked or whatever. Not a thing wrong with giving the Dub a bath every so often.
Scott

21 - 26 of 26 Posts