TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just read on the WDFW website her in WA state that they are creating a site that is family/fishing friendly. You can plan and find places to fish with the family. So that all being said, has anyone ever been to Mt Adams and are there places to ride. Also if you have any trails that you know of that lead to a nice fishing holes that is trail bike friendly, and would like to share, please do. I am so excited for summer to get here that I am about to shit!!!:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Look at some of the trails up out of Randle. Theyre not exactly Mt. Adams but there is some fishing up near Olallie,Chain of Lakes area..

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'm with you Matt. Would like to do some of that country down around St Helens and Adams. Flown over it in a small plane and logging roads everywhere. Would sure be nice to take a good camera and takes some great shots of game.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It would be fun and I hope to be able to ride some of the trails this year.

Every National Forest is required by law to develop Motor Vehicle Use Maps which are available from the National Forest Service offices.

Goggle search on "Gifford Pinchot National Forest" and look at the section, "Gifford Pinchot National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM)" regarding information on trails and roads open to licensed and non-licensed vehicle travel. It is illegal to travel anywhere not so indicated on the map and according to the listed rules. Below I have listed some of the information:

Areas for OHV Trail Riding at Cowlitz Valley Vicinity

Campground: Adams Fork
Campground: Blue Lake Creek
Campground: Cat Creek
Campground: Chain-of-Lake
Campground: Horseshoe Lake
Campground: Olallie Lake
Trail #257 Badger Ridge
Trail #252 Big Creek
Trail #269 Allen Mountain
Site: Cat Creek Chimney
Trail #1 Boundary
Trail #1 Elk Pass TH to Yellowjack
Trail #1 YellowJacket 1A to Council Lake
Trail #109 Hamilton Peak
Trail #110 Green Mountain
Trail #115 Spring Creek
Trail #116 High Lakes
Trail #118 Hamilton Buttes
Trail #119 Blue Lake Butte
Trail #120 Keenes
Trail #125 Dry Creek
Trail #1A Yellowjacket
Trail #1C Boulder
Trail #250 Osborne Mountain
Trailhead: Osborne Mountain
Trail #251 Teeley Creek
Trail #253 Greenwood Lake
Trail #254 French Butte
Trail #255 Cave Creek
Trail #258 Silver Creek
Trail #259 Langille Ridge
Trail #259A McCoy Peak
Trail #261 Juniper Ridge
Trail #262 Sunrise
Trail #263 Dark Meadow
Trail #265 East Canyon
Trailhead: High Rock/Greenwood Lake
Trail #270 Valley
Trail #271 Blue Lake Ridge
Trail #271A Jumpoff
Trail #272 Bishop Ridge
Trail #273 Wobbly Creek
Trail #275 Kraus Ridge
Trail #276 Yozoo
Trail #283 Rough
Trail #292: Mosquito Meadows
Trail #293 High Bridge
Trail #294 Tongue Mountain
Trail #74 Pipeline Road
Trailhead: Packwood Lake
Trailhead: Blue Lake ORV
Trailhead: Elk Pass/Boundary Trail

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Wow Dave, I had no idea there were that many places that would accomodate our bikes. The logging industry has locked up so much here in Grays Harbor it is hard to get out legally anymore. Thanks for putting that up.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
The forest land in the "Dark Divide" area near Randle are mostly pee in your pants when you see them kind of trails.

Vid Link Below

Great video. I will hate anyone who takes me on trails like this for the rest of my/your life:p ...and it didn't help listening to the rider's Darth Vader panting sounds either. The rider sounded nervious at times too! ...but it was fun to watch, clinch jawed and all!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Those of you that have done the Mattawa poker run, would like some input. My wife is just getting started on riding. I am sure if we came over for a fun weekend we would be last across the finish line. I am just wondering if bringing her over, would be a good idea as there will be so many going hell for election. She more stubborn than a bull, just don't want her to get run over, or panic and do a head on with a rock. Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Those of you that have done the Mattawa poker run, would like some input. My wife is just getting started on riding. I am sure if we came over for a fun weekend we would be last across the finish line. I am just wondering if bringing her over, would be a good idea as there will be so many going hell for election. She more stubborn than a bull, just don't want her to get run over, or panic and do a head on with a rock. Thanks
Hi Plumb,

I assume that you are talking about the Fringe MC Dirty Poker Run in a couple of weeks. I did it last year on my TW. Well, I'll just tell you...I'm not going back this year.

The bad: It is hard riding. Mostly because of the sand, but there are some rocky areas and some hills that are difficult. And, OMG, all of the whups. Last year was their biggest turnout yet, so there are a lot of riders. Not just on bikes, but quads and UTVs too.

The good: We met some really good people camping out, and it was good experience I guess.

How new of a rider is she? I just don't think that this is the one for a nooby. It might make her never want to ride again. Check out these videos Rainman took riding with his Dad and Uncle from the last two years and decide for yourselves. I would never want to talk you out of a ride, but this is the input you wanted, right? Most of the course offers plenty of room for the racers to pass. They'll get by if they want to. If you do try it, maybe just plan to ride Sunday, as all the wusses like me that rode Saturday ate the $ for the second day and went home. Here is the ride report from last year: http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/6770-tw200-does-dirty.html Rubber side down, Larry

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thank you Irppcer. That is exactly what I need to know. I won't be taking her to this. She hasn't 12 mi total in her life on a bike. Maybe 6 on her quad. Her TW has sat in the garage waiting for her to put some miles on almost a year. I gave her the book for her to get her permit to ride with me, but seems there are other things more important.

I guess when I leave her here and go myself it might get her motivated, or not. For sure though, I won't be going to the Mattawa gig. Rather do some easy riding on some forest service roads on the west side or wait until the snow leaves and do some riding on the east side near Ellensburg. I like that open country with Pine scattered around. Easier to spot some animals.

Thank you for the feedback. Look forward to hooking up with you and some of the other locals this year.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts