TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have 4 TW's and have the 19-21 of Aug. Now down to 2 TW's

Now I'm looking for suggestions of where to ride. I have a few thoughts. But would love some other suggestions.

We would arrive Fri. morning ride and camp somewhere Fri. night, explore Sat. camp Sat. night returning to the truck on Sun.

So what do you think?

So far thinking of the Haney meadows area coming from hwy 97.

Or Ellensberg to Cashmere and back.

Anywhere else?

Thanks,

Tracy

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok we have 4 TW's and have the 19-21 of Aug.

Now I'm looking for suggestions of where to ride. I have a few thoughts. But would love some other suggestions.

We would arrive Fri. morning ride and camp somewhere Fri. night, explore Sat. camp Sat. night returning to the truck on Sun.

So what do you think?

So far thinking of the Haney meadows area coming from hwy 97.

Or Ellensberg to Cashmere and back.

Anywhere else?

Thanks,

Tracy

Haney Meadow is a great place lots of options.

Nice Campsite on the Naneum Creek

If your looking for a primitive base camp east of their, I would suggest the northeast corner of the Kittitas Valley, up Coleman Creek Road about 4-7 miles, lots of nice primitive campsites on BLM (no charge camping) and you will have water (needs purification).

Another Alternative is north of Leavenworth and Plain follow the Chiwawa River. Routes through here or east of there will take you to Chelan.

One last option Base out of or near Conconully, lots of nice rides north to the Canadian Border from there.

Wherever you go, have a wonderful time.

Mike

PS Should you end up near E'burg let me know, I might try to locate you or meet up at base camp.

mk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out the Cispus River South of Randle and in between Mt Adams and St Helens. There are a lot of unpaved roads, camping spots, Dirtbike trails and great views. It is Gifford Pinchot NF too, so no National Park rules to inhibit your fun. If you go down around Trout Lake, the huckleberries should be ripe and EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Best I could come up with for now....

I love the area around the Cispus River. Riffe Lake near Morton is usually really warm.

Also the campground at Riffe Lake (LINK) is top notch.

Be on the lookout for areas that require the NWFP for federal land and the new @#@#!$ Discover Pass for DNR land

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't live up there, but it's very cool of you to post all the maps of the area. Looks (and sounds) like a nice place. Now I'm going to make a new topic on that point.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well looks like we are going to start around Lake Wenatchee area ( need to find a place to park the truck) then head up to sugerloaf lookout. Then over to Entiat River road to then take the loop of shady pass and slide ridge. My son and I have done the loop before it's 99 miles total for just the loop. We plan to camp some where after Sugerloaf lookout. If you have garmin mapsource and would like to see the route we have chosen, just send me a pm with your e mail and I will get it to you.

ps: Rainman I have a route that you and your dad may like from Easton to Naches over Tacoma Pass.

Rich thanks for the maps we really like the Mt. Rainier area. We have never been riding down that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts