TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was riding the fs roads with my wife and both our bikes are plated and a sherrif stopped us and asked for our discovery passes. I told him, it's in our the truck. He informed us since we have no orv sticker and our bikes are plated we need to have the passes. Has anyone ran into this??

·
Super Moderator
18,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
So, I was riding the fs roads with my wife and both our bikes are plated and a sherrif stopped us and asked for our discovery passes. I told him, it's in our the truck. He informed us since we have no orv sticker and our bikes are plated we need to have the passes. Has anyone ran into this??

·
Super Moderator
18,136 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Little T for getting back with me
.. So, is the consensus that everyone just gets an orv tag with there street tab too? Very confusing

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
And that is why I do not spend much time in Washington State anymore.
BC tried the same thing a few years ago and it was just a plain hassle for everyone.
We no longer have provincial park passes and pay parking - they are free again for all to use.

Does my Oregon ORV tag work in Washington?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
As long as you are on what they (the state) calls a maintained road that cars can use then there is no need for the dis pass. If you are on trails or camping, you need to have one on your truck if you trailered them. But to just ride on maintained roads you are fine with just plates.

This from there web site "If you just want to drive through state recreation lands managed by DNR and WDFW and you do not leave your vehicle, you do not need a pass. "

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Or you could just ride on the free days,:)

State Parks Discover Pass Free Days
Washington State Parks offers several "free days" when a Discover Pass is not required to visit a state park. Following are 2017 free days:

• Jan. 1 — First Day Hikes; New Year’s Day
  • Jan. 15-16 — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
  • March 19 — State Park’s 104th birthday
  • April 15 — Spring day
  • April 22 — Earth Day
  • June 3 — National Trails Day
  • June 10 — National Get Outdoors Day
  • Aug. 25 — National Park Service 101st Birthday
  • Sept. 30 — National Public Lands Day
  • Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
  • Nov. 24 — Autumn day

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Where you from And where were you riding??

Also welcome to the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts