TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So opening day of trail riding is this weekend and I want to g out and enjoy, but none of our local offices can answer this simple question. Do I need an ORV tag to use USFS trails? Bike is obviously plated and street legal. Stock muffler so that should take care of the spark arrestor. Any body know whats right in this situation? thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you would think so. I called the sheriff ranger district office and local license place and nobody could give me a clear answer. Its freakin ridiculous. you would think the people who write the tickets would know or maybe I just got lucky enough to talk to the one person who doesn't know the laws.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
In Mi, plated can go on Forest service roads. But to go on marked ORV trails and scramble areas a ORV sticker is needed. And this year is an extra 10$ for what Im not sure of.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
So opening day of trail riding is this weekend and I want to g out and enjoy, but none of our local offices can answer this simple question. Do I need an ORV tag to use USFS trails? Bike is obviously plated and street legal. Stock muffler so that should take care of the spark arrestor. Any body know whats right in this situation? thanks
I don't think you need a ORV tag if you are not in a ORV riding area and the bike is street legal. State parks and ORV, yes. Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got ahold of the orv ranger. no tag required on a plated bike. In my case where im going up and camping with a truck and camper the truck needs a forest service pass in this area, but thats it. looking forward to this adventure for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts