TW200 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Will be there about 930. Hope others will show up. I would imagine there will be several folks playing in those hills.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I'd love to ride, but I have to work. Y'all have fun!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Will be there about 930. Hope others will show up. I would imagine there will be several folks playing in those hills.
Was thinking the same. I’ll be there between 9-10am, depends on traffic, gotta roll a little slower since I’m using a bike hitch hauler and not a trailer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Some things have come up and I will not make this ride. I will make it up next weekend as I am going to Hood River for a 2 day Dual Sport event. Cheers.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stopping by the store for some agua and ice then it’s rock candy time. See whoever’s coming in about an hour.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My names Jeremy. I drove up to tacoma yesterday and bought my first TW/dual sport. Im excited to ride some trails and also get some killer mpg riding to work. I had a suzuki sv 650 a few years ago but sold it because I just got board being limited to the street. How many peeps are in the portland merto/sw washington? It would be cool to get a few people together for a ride.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My names Jeremy. I drove up to tacoma yesterday and bought my first TW/dual sport. Im excited to ride some trails and also get some killer mpg riding to work. I had a suzuki sv 650 a few years ago but sold it because I just got board being limited to the street. How many peeps are in the portland merto/sw washington? It would be cool to get a few people together for a ride.
Welcome!!:D

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Welcome to the forum and glad you are a Washington TW'r Check in here regularly, I am hoping to get some others up and going. We have lots of places to ride. Would like to do a ride in the Gifford/Pinchot forest. I havene't been to the area of Mt. St. Helens since the volcano blew. would love to ride that area. I did fly over it early on while it was still smoking, too many planes, took one circle and left. Was neat to see and flew around the crater edge. Would like to do a ride on the bikes.
r
r

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome, I’m up in Tacoma, but catch me on a weekend and I’ll head south for some riding!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad you are a Washington TW'r Check in here regularly, I am hoping to get some others up and going. We have lots of places to ride. Would like to do a ride in the Gifford/Pinchot forest. I havene't been to the area of Mt. St. Helens since the volcano blew. would love to ride that area. I did fly over it early on while it was still smoking, too many planes, took one circle and left. Was neat to see and flew around the crater edge. Would like to do a ride on the bikes.
r
r
That sounds like it would be a cool ride, I’m interested if my schedule works with it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes they got rid of the goats. It was a pretty big operation.
Know of anyone else on here from port angeles or sequin? Looking forward to riding with some people.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Yes they got rid of the goats. It was a pretty big operation.
Know of anyone else on here from port angeles or sequin? Looking forward to riding with some people.
I sold a TW to a young fellow in Sequim. He tried to outrun a cop with the bike. Not sure what his situation is now. Most likely that bike will get some rest.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I sold a TW to a young fellow in Sequim. He tried to outrun a cop with the bike. Not sure what his situation is now. Most likely that bike will get some rest.
That I would like to see....not the rest, but the TW outrunning the cops...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just received notice that effective July 28 of this year that all motorcycle drivers must carry liability coverage and proof of insurance. You will no longer be exempt from our state's Mandatory auto insurance law.

Here is the information from the Office of the State Insurance Commissioner. Please don't get caught and get a $550 fine and more.
Washington state's mandatory auto/motorcycle insurance law

Important information about motorcycles

Effective July 28, 2019, the 2019 Washington State Legislature passed a new law that all motorcycle drivers must carry liability coverage and proof they have insurance. They are no longer exempt from our state's Mandatory auto insurance law (leg.wa.gov).
Washington state's mandatory auto and motorcycle insurance law

Washington state's mandatory liability insurance law (leg.wa.gov), which is under the authority of the Washington State Department of Licensing (www.dol.wa.gov), requires anyone who drives a motor vehicle or a motorcycle (effective July 28, 2019) in our state to do one of the following options:

• Carry liability insurance with liability limits of at least:
    • $25,000 for injuries or death to another person
    • $50,000 for injuries or death to all other people
    • $10,000 for damage to another person's property
  • Apply for a certificate of deposit to pay for your liability insurance with the Department of Licensing (www.dol.wa.gov).
  • Have a liability bond of at least $60,000 filed by a surety bond company that's authorized to do business in Washington.
  • Self-insure if you have 26 or more vehicles. For more information or to see if you qualify for this option, contact the Department of Licensing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does that law apply to bikes licensed in other states that are visiting?

Originally from FL, visiting family up here in the beautiful PNW. Rainier area.
Brought my 2010 w/me looking to do some good rides. Has dual sport tw203/204 tires.
Any advice would be awesome. Thanks!

361 - 380 of 405 Posts