TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I looked up Tumtum. Near Spokane. The ride in Mattawa would have been a good one to make for us. Wish I could have made it but my wife isn't up to that kind of riding. This coming weekend I am so looking forward to meeting Dette with my wife so she can help her with her confidence. Having the chance to go riding with a lady it has given her motivation to get her learners permit so she can go with me, a good thing lol. Being it is a big area to ride I suspect there will be other riders with quads and jeeps there as they have trails for all the different rigs. As it is her first outing I hope it will be something she enjoys.

Hope to see some other tw's at tahuya wa.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is there a time and specific location you are meeting at in Tahuya Park on March 22?

I better get checking the ferry schedules...not certain where exactly we will meet-up, all that has to be decided. If anyone from Whidbey, north of Whidbey or Port Townsend wants to meet up with me to ride down, let me know.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I figure to be at Tahuya around 9ish. As the evening runs a bit longer now it will give us a good day. If the weather is nice I might plan staying over. Will bring a stack of firewood and some groceries.

If you check out Tahuya state park there is a paved lot near Belfair, I plan on parking at that one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I better get checking the ferry schedules...not certain where exactly we will meet-up, all that has to be decided. If anyone from Whidbey, north of Whidbey or Port Townsend wants to meet up with me to ride down, let me know.
I have my ferry reservation....got the earliest one I could get which is the 7:15am on March 22nd. According to MapQuest, Port Townsend to Belfair is an hour twenty something so I will be later than 9am.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Works for me Dette. Looking forward to having a day of it. Just finished putting my 50t back on and a new O ring chain.

I looked on the waatv web site. Go there and look up trails. It will give you all the riding areas of the state. Tahuya has three parking areas, but one is paved and painted. That one is elfendahl. I would recommend we meet there. With all the rain we have had I don't know how slick the other parking areas are or how torn up by winter enthusiasts. So looking forward to meeting some other TW fanatics.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
This is awesome. I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but I'm excited to see some folks having a TW meet-up. Just remember if it is a state park or state orv area to have your discover pass with you (bike AND tow vehicles). I hope to see you, but if not...have fun!

UPDATE: I'm in!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Was nice to have someone to tear it up a bit. Was a fun day with all that came. Now I am looking at other riding areas. Port Angeles to Neah bay or Ozette. And there is a trail head that is 3mi to the ocean, but that is for walking only. When I lived at Ozette is was a walk through the forest swamps and all. Some of it was puncheoned so the walking wasn't too bad. Now it has a boardwalk for the bad parts, elevated even. Seems like no one has to get dirty anymore, that is half the fun. Anyways, it would be a nice weekend outing if anyone is interested. I remember the old fellow that lived out in the timber in that cedar shack he built about halfway out. Now of course it is a shrine to the old days. How things have changed. Was great to go glass ball hunting after a storm. The beach is a rocky one so not many of the larger balls made it, but we found several of the smaller ones.
Back to the subject of riding. As of May 1st it seems most will open up that are not year round assecceble sp? Would like to do a lot of them both in the desert and places like rimrock. That area around Concunully with miles of trails and roads and the surrounding towns accepting 4 wheelers looks like a place to vacation for a while. Wouldn't mind spending a week or so there when it warms a bit and take a fishing pole. Any of you folks living close to these areas give us a post. Let's light up the forum with some good riding this year.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It is a mess forsure. 175 missing. I talked to a friend that lives near there. She lost some friends. I doubt they will ever find them all. I feel the most for the ones that were in cars on the road that got buried and of course those in their houses. Just a horrible thing to have happen. We have slides every year do to the rain. Mostly it has been along the sound and covers the rr tracks stopping amtrak. As folks build closer to these hills that are made of glacial till, when they get soaked up it just turns to slop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sadie creek could be a good place to start. It has 30 miles of trails. It is 8 miles west of Joyce. I have been out there once, but to just look around. Never rode. In fact it was before I got my bike. I would love to find a place to go ride to a fishing hole. that would be great.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Back to the OP's idea:
Bagger and Mrs. Bagger. 06 TW's.
South Central WA.
If your in the area and need anything I'll do anything I can to help. Shoot me a PM for contact info.
We have room to camp, a trailer if your broke down and if nothing else we can make fun of you and laugh at your situation.

Bag

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Reactions: dette

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm not sure of the proceedure, but...

if there are any mods viewing this, I'd like to nominate this thread to be a sticky in this section. I was trying to point someone to it because it has a lot of great regional info. What do you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Spanaway WA here. I'd like to toss out the hospitality rug also, as others in this thread have done. I've become more active on the forum since joining. I have an extra queen bed and room for passers through and would like to meet up with some of you local guys on here. When I started reading the thread, I noticed there were several who have not used the "Hometown Tag Yourself" map but are surprisingly close to where I live. I wasn't sure if this was mentioned earlier but just east of Eatonville are tons of forest roads and actual ORV trails with a small campground and warming station. I'm usually putzing around up there all year long until the snow gets too deep. If any WA guys would like to plan a ride after the thaw please post on this thread.

·
Registered
546 Posts
"So, this is the OFFICIAL announcement......Saturday, March 7th....at 1:30 pm...at the RAM restaurant, Exit # 111, in Lacey, WA.

I expect and anticipate that we will have about 8 people show up, and that will be good."

Sounds like a great time, I'll be visiting my daughter in Oklahoma so can't make it this time. Post pictures, lots of pictures of the gathering :)

Claudette

21 - 40 of 405 Posts