TW200 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Does that law apply to bikes licensed in other states that are visiting?

Originally from FL, visiting family up here in the beautiful PNW. Rainier area.
Brought my 2010 w/me looking to do some good rides. Has dual sport tw203/204 tires.
Any advice would be awesome. Thanks!
Yes. All bikes ridden in Washington have to have insurance now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the Vancouver area and had a blast exploring the trails out at Jones Creek this last summer. I'm so close I just ride to the trail head. I would love to get a group together this next year and go put down the trails. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

New member from Port Orchard. My wife and I are currently looking to start trail riding around Washington now that steelheading isn’t really a thing anymore. She is currently looking for a good condition TW200 to start riding and then we will be wanting to go hit the trails. Would love to meet up with others to ride and have fun with anywhere is Washington (love the east side).

SR1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well we did pick up a nice 2010 TW. I like the bike a bunch. She really likes it. Again if anyone is interested in getting out on any trails around the sound please let me know. Went to Tahuya the other day on my Honda and it was super wet. Want to get her out on a logging road for some miles. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I went on a TW group ride at Tahuya several years ago. WET doesn't begin to describe conditions. Jet skis could have been run on most of the trails.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I told my wife it was more puddle then trail and I wasn’t really exaggerating. Will wait till spring before heading back there. Was thinking Rock Candy Mountain this upcoming weekend.

SR1

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello all,

New member from Port Orchard. My wife and I are currently looking to start trail riding around Washington now that steelheading isn’t really a thing anymore. She is currently looking for a good condition TW200 to start riding and then we will be wanting to go hit the trails. Would love to meet up with others to ride and have fun with anywhere is Washington (love the east side).

SR1
If you have WA State Discover Pass - day or season- you can ride Capitol Forest trails or logging roads. In winter months only Logging roads are open, but are good rides too. Maps are available on state website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Dave,

would you like to meet up and do some riding? I have gone down to the Capital Forest shooting a few times but didn’t explore much.

SR1

·
Registered
105 Posts
WH
Hey Dave,

would you like to meet up and do some riding? I have gone down to the Capital Forest shooting a few times but didn’t explore much.

SR1
Did I just see that Washington might be getting rid of the Disco pass?
When weather gets better I would be
Hey Dave,

SR1
I am recovering from knee replacement, but hoping to ride again when weather is better and dirt roads not slick. Will keep in touch when ready.

·
Registered
105 Posts
WH

When weather gets better I would be

I am recovering from knee replacement, but hoping to ride again when weather is better and dirt roads not slick. Will keep in touch when ready.
Elimination of Discovery Pass is only a study suggestion and most likely won't happen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a drivers license with a motorcycle indorsement and a plated street legal TW and a life time Golden Age Passport......usually I buy a annual Discover Pass....easy peasy…

It is no problem at all....not complicated...not confusing....

USA Today identified Washington State as the BEST and imho it is.... from Deception Pass to Harts Pass....unlimited all year outdoor recreation....

·
Registered
226 Posts
I live just across the river in Oregon. Actually I can see across from the house. The daughter and SIL live in Wa. and he has a dual sport and wants me to ride with him. I guess I will have to obtain all of the Washington required passes.

·
Registered
234 Posts
White Mule....that depends on where you are going to ride....assuming you have a license and the bike has a plate....you can ride on any open public road.....on any Forest Service road or trail that is open to motorized use..

You might have to get a Discovery Pass to ride on State Land in a particular area....and Washington requires insurance....

Personally, I would just go and do it ......and in the unlikely event you are stopped. plead ignorance….in a even more unlikely event that you get a ticket ......go to court and plead confusion....I bet the Judge would be very understanding …...

381 - 400 of 405 Posts