TW200 Forum banner

401 - 405 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I live just across the river in Oregon. Actually I can see across from the house. The daughter and SIL live in Wa. and he has a dual sport and wants me to ride with him. I guess I will have to obtain all of the Washington required passes.
well the nice part is it's just a discovery pass if your bike is street legal to access the Washington State Parks and forest areas if your bike is already street legal and you have your endorsement. Even when I didn't have an endorsement, ORV tags and a discovery pass, nobody really made much of a fuss.

if you do buy a discovery pass or your SIL buys one, you can put more than one license plate number on it.
I usually share mine with a friend. So it could be cheaper for you if you wanted to share it with your family in Washington. Just my two cents :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
As far as I know, you only need a discovery pass for the rig you park. You don't need one to ride anywhere with the bike. As long as it has a plate, you are good to go.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sorry, I should have clarified, I was typing and getting distracted at the same time... you can put more than one license plate for the vehicle you're toting your bikes in. So if you drive up to Washington and your son in law has a discovery pass, you're all set, and if you decide to or need to take a vehicle other than SIL, you can write in more than one license plate and use your vehicle.

But plumbstraight is correct, only the vehicle that's parked or toting off road vehicles need the pass. Just trying to prevent spending double the money if someone you know already has a discover pass :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
When Blake and I were riding together we meet the local law and one asked me if the truck out front was mine. They were going to write me a ticket, but saw my Alaska plates and gave me a break. Told them the discovery pass was on the dash as I don't have a rear view mirror in the windshield. I took it off as I use the side mirrors. tough to see through a head board on a flatbed. He just didn't see it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well, I was kidnapped today by my friend, and what a glorious kidnapping it was. He showed up at 7am, said get your bike, we are heading to Morton.

Spent all day riding in some of the most beautiful mountains, logging roads, enchanted forest roads, and lake views I've ever seen, I was in such awe I didn't spend much time taking pictures, but remembered on our way back to grab a couple.

Great ride, if I would have had more lead time I would have thrown out some invites. Definitely coming back to this wilderness area (mix of privately owned and national forest).

A secret lake ;)

A less secret motorcycle

I guess I'm the Fonz?
"Ayeeeee"

401 - 405 of 405 Posts