TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

421 - 434 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So I'm gonna scout out the Vashon ride in the next weekend or two (beautiful weather coming up).

Riding season is upon us, and with folks in Oregon and Washington aplenty, I was thinking we should have a season opener up here. The last year I tried to get some folks together, Randall was the only fellar brave enough to show up.

I like rock candy mountain so I'm just throwing it out there, but open to other locations. Where are we going? When are we going? And who's comin? Rock candy opens in May, what say ye T-Dubbers?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm in NE Oregon and hoping to make it to a couple of group rides this year, but no promises. Rock Candy looks a little to far for me at this time, but I hope you and others can enjoy it.
I will watch this thread for anything within 4 or 5 hours of me and look into attending.
If there is any interest in a gathering in Wallowa County, please let me know. I could host some people, help advise on other places to stay, and offer route planning/guiding if the timing is right. Snow should be gone from most routes by June.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm in NE Oregon and hoping to make it to a couple of group rides this year, but no promises. Rock Candy looks a little to far for me at this time, but I hope you and others can enjoy it.
I will watch this thread for anything within 4 or 5 hours of me and look into attending.
If there is any interest in a gathering in Wallowa County, please let me know. I could host some people, help advise on other places to stay, and offer route planning/guiding if the timing is right. Snow should be gone from most routes by June.
I spent most of my younger years growing up in Pendleton, while I'm not familiar with riding in Wallowa, I have spent time at Wallowa lake, I would be very interested in taking part in a ride out that way.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I spent most of my younger years growing up in Pendleton, while I'm not familiar with riding in Wallowa, I have spent time at Wallowa lake, I would be very interested in taking part in a ride out that way.
Nice. The riding here is mostly high speed gravel or medium speed dirt roads, but not much single track due to all of the designated "wilderness areas". Not to say it isn't great with some fantastic views and destinations. Let me know a few dates that work for you and we can plan on a gathering.

·
Registered
2013 TW200
14 Posts
Well PNW crowd, I just got back from our cabin in Tahuya and can report that there is some great riding right outside the door.

The quad trails had a few other folks out on their 250/450s, but we had the single tracks all to ourselves. Good time of year while most of the ground is still a bit damp to keep the dust down.

I will try to organize a few outings for anyone who doesn’t mind me bumping along in slow gear at the back of the pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
i'am up for a group ride on the east side/oregon. Would love to explore the area east ofJoseph and north of imnaha, along hells canyon.
Just rode some logging rds around Baker lake/ Sauk river. Not much available there. Sad to see the ends of so many of them trashed out

·
Registered
630 Posts
i'am up for a group ride on the east side/oregon. Would love to explore the area east ofJoseph and north of imnaha, along hells canyon.
Just rode some logging rds around Baker lake/ Sauk river. Not much available there. Sad to see the ends of so many of them trashed out
Sounds good. Are you thinking about the Buckhorn Lookout area? There are some good connecting routes all through there, Zumwalt, and Imnaha.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You bet. buckhorn campground up cold springs rd to the grande ronde.Imnha down dug bar rd to the snake.
I've only been to Imnha and up in the national rec area above the snake. So only know the area from the map. Be nice to ride the low elevation stuff before to hot. May, June? Then up at 6000', forest rd 4240 lord flat rd/hat point overlook, horse creek point etc, What, July and august?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Imnaha and Dug Bar are good right now, but still fine all summer, just hotter and with more rattle snakes the longer you wait.
Early June is a good time for most everything because the snow should be gone from elevation and the low stuff isn't too hot yet.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If there is any interest, I think I am finally willing to tackle this trail again:
It would be best as early as possible, as summer progresses the blackberry thorns and poison ivy get worse. Maybe April of 2022.

·
Registered
2013 TW200
14 Posts
Just in case anyone is in/around Tacoma and interested, I'm going to head over to Vashon this morning and cruise around a bit.

Probably catching the 11:45a ferry, back whenever I'm bored or out of gas.

(sorry for the last minute, afternoon opened up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

421 - 434 of 434 Posts