TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
481 - 500 of 530 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,779 Posts
For Everyone,
I am in the early stages of planning a group ride for next summer that would leave from Wallowa, head to Troy and Flora via dirt roads, then spend a night at a friend's house outside of Flora. They have a fire lookout tower that they have converted to sleeping quarters and a small kitchen and bathroom. Very cool place with some great views and riding in the area. Return trip to Wallowa would he via a different forest road.

I'm still working out the details. Please let me know if any of you would be interested in something like that.
You ought to start a separate thread.:giggle:

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha TW200
47 Posts
For Everyone,
I am in the early stages of planning a group ride for next summer that would leave from Wallowa, head to Troy and Flora via dirt roads, then spend a night at a friend's house outside of Flora. They have a fire lookout tower that they have converted to sleeping quarters and a small kitchen and bathroom. Very cool place with some great views and riding in the area. Return trip to Wallowa would he via a different forest road.

I'm still working out the details. Please let me know if any of you would be interested in something like that.
I would be so up for this. I'm always riding alone out here. I saw another TW on the island today and almost chased them down to talk to them lmao.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would be so up for this. I'm always riding alone out here. I saw another TW on the island today and almost chased them down to talk to them lmao.
Hi Collin, I'm south of Oak Harbor and work in Coupeville. I saw a TW on Whidbey just last week and had the same reaction.... wanted to turn around and chase them down but I had to be somewhere.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I’am up out of Mt Vernon good part of the yr dette. Go to the range in coupville quite a bit. Up for riding in cascade’s or Olympics. Try to stay off pavement
Maybe next year.... I haven't been riding off road in about four years..... ready to do some forest service roads again.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hope all you folks up there in Skagit and Whatcom counties are alright and not too badly affected by all the rain over there, sounds pretty gnarly. Be safe.
I am in Island County and it's raining again today.... thankfully the island doesn't flood like the Skagit valley but the winds were scary..... blew this truck over on Deception Pass Bridge....
Sky Cloud Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
If only I was closer. I bet it would be a hoot to ride with you.
Definitely, maybe I track down TW sidecar and hook up to your bike.

Here I am in sidecar in Russia, that truck in front of us would not go, he not true communist, he have more hammer to head than sickle! I tell him "you move truck" he say no, I show him I just got nails done at bear salon and tell him "I give you lobotomy if not move!"... he say he professional bear fighter... we call it draw for now.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Alright, since I won't be able to make it to Moab, there's enough of us here in Washington and Oregon... let's start talking and get together for a ride sometime early this year.

Im gonna suggest Capitol Forest, doing one of the loops, staging at Rock Candy Mountain. This doesn't have to be the place but it gives us all something to look at.

I'm thinking May 1st or May 7th. One of the loops should take a solid couple hours.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

481 - 500 of 530 Posts