TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
521 - 530 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think I have the SIL talked into going riding on May 7th. It probably need to be something easy or Dual sport.
Blake? something like that Vashon Island ride if it is wet and muddy? We will be coming out of Belview.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
I think I have the SIL talked into going riding on May 7th. It probably need to be something easy or Dual sport.
Blake? something like that Vashon Island ride if it is wet and muddy? We will be coming out of Belview.
I'll check again with the lady in the morning to make sure but I'm pretty sure I'm now booked on the 7th by my better half.

I'll have to carve out another time where I can just come down your way so you aren't hauling all the way up here for a ride. Maybe a few of the Oregon folks would feel like getting together at some point?

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Yea... rode the TDub to get gas an hour ago... freezing soup sandwich out there.

We'll see about Tahuya tomorrow (hopefully we can see some temps closer to 60) but I'm not gonna buy a full day subscription to frozen misery by myself in Capitol forest.

Sky Light Gadget Font Communication Device

·
Super Moderator
15,779 Posts
Lol, not that nuts... I'm callin it today.
When I was younger I use to ride in almost any weather condition…on purpose. I now have minimums. And those minimums are getting higher as I get older. Gotta give you prop’s for giving it a go or thought (plan) to go. ✅

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
When I was younger I use to ride in almost any weather condition…on purpose. I now have minimums. And those minimums are getting higher as I get older. Gotta give you prop’s for giving it a go or thought (plan) to go. ✅
I was trying to force it a bit because I've taken these days off of work, I decided yesterday if it at least 60... it's a go. But that ride to the gas station at 49 degrees was enough for me to throw in the towel, my riding pants are not totally waterproof and that short ride was a preview of coming attractions, no thank you.

I actually used to enjoy a little bit of cold and wet misery, now I feel like using it as an excuse to get some projects around the house done :)

How's the weather out in Idaho?

·
Super Moderator
15,779 Posts
I was trying to force it a bit because I've taken these days off of work, I decided yesterday if it at least 60... it's a go. But that ride to the gas station at 49 degrees was enough for me to throw in the towel, my riding pants are not totally waterproof and that short ride was a preview of coming attractions, no thank you.

I actually used to enjoy a little bit of cold and wet misery, now I feel like using it as an excuse to get some projects around the house done :)

How's the weather out in Idaho?
I have to fix one of your statements. Should read "I actually used to enjoy a little bit of cold and wet misery, now I feel like using it as an excuse to take a nap". haha

Weather in Idaho? Well, to steal something I saw on the www., it's May. It may rain, it may snow, it may be hot, it may be cold". I think Dr. Suess said this :). No really, the weather like anywhere is all over the place. Yesterday and today, 60's. This weekend rain, maybe snow, and 40's. Gotta really watch the weather forecast when picking days to ride and even then it can be a last-minute change. But I'm sure we don't get as much rain as you do!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
I'm going to take @JPB up in his offer to check out SDR (Shelton dirt riders) riding area on Sunday, I would encourage any other interested parties who may want to check out a private riding area northwest of Olympia to send JPB a message for the details or check out the other recent Washington state riding post with the organizer contact info.

Planning on being down there around noon on Sunday, 25 Sept.

Let me know if anyone else plans on going, I'll drop you my phone number if you feel like linking up.

521 - 530 of 530 Posts