TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Last two must be members of the local bamboo workers union.

Tom

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wonder just what they were doing some 27 floors up, getting ready for the 28th floor?
In school a classmate from Hong Kong was from a family that did bamboo scaffolding for high rise construction, parents sent him to university to "move up" in the world.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I bet those guy's make one's of dollars a day though! Not too much longer and they will be able to afford shoes to wear to their funerals. Although because of the whole karma thing I feel compelled to state I really hope that does not happen to them.

Tom

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That building site looks perfect for a Jackie Chan movie.
Ya think their feet would get sore after caressing a bamboo beam for balance all day.
Bamboo is an amazing material, wish the giant varieties could grow in my climate. If so I could make us jousting lances for the moto-joust tournament in Moab.:)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I would think a pair of wrestling shoes would be perfect for those guy's. At the very least giant bamboo would provide a nice lever for help in lifting all the TW's off their sides;)

Tom

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Close your ears if easy to offend....3 second clip from the 1989 Tom Selleck Movie "An Innocent Man"

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoot, such language from such an upstanding citizen such as yourself! I'm mortified.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Not Me Fred, the great F Murray Abraham in the final line from the movie....I would never, ever say something like that.....:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts