TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last spring I bought these Exigent Boot Cover-Ups at a Motorcycle Show. I had got caught in a down pour the previous year and luckily I had my rain suit but my boots got soaked. I went to WV this weekend just for a short visit and pickup my TW that I left in Mikes garage. I didn't pack my new waterproof boots because I hadn't plan to ride. Mike and I decided to ride all day in the rain and the only thing I had was these cover-ups. They worked perfect so if you are looking for a product that will keep your feet dry and are packable. These cover-ups do the job.

[video]http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/mobile/item.aspx?itemid=28[/video]

image.jpeg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bottoms are open on these but this company does make ones with bottoms. I bought these just to shed water not to walk in deep puddles.

·
Registered
13,645 Posts
This makes great temporary waterproofing of riding boots. And they even come in different colors for the fashion consious! I jest of course, but I do often carry duct tape, just not for boots...but now I'm thinking...:p

Waterproof pants?

Waterproof helmet. I really like this one!

Waterproof I tell ya!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah....ALL of my riding boots...100 % of them...are waterproof. Won't leave home without them. :D
I hear you Mike. Like all new sports I get into it takes me awhile to get outfitted with all the essentials. It's coming slowly but surely and the fun is the research/shopping. I have only been in this sport for just under a year and a half.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This makes great temporary waterproofing of riding boots. And they even come in different colors for the fashion consious! I jest of course, but I do often carry duct tape, just not for boots...but now I'm thinking...:p

Waterproof pants?

Waterproof helmet. I really like this one!

Waterproof I tell ya!
I think those pants would make a good Chastity Belt and Pealing the tape off would Suck Big Time.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha ! Therein lays the problem. For some of us....especially the old-timers...this is not a sport...but a lifestyle. Been riding like this for 45 years, and almost 2 million miles.

Once you seriously get into this, you learn things like....EVERY pair of boots I buy are tax deductible, because they can be considered Safety Boots, and written off as a business expense. EVERY jacket I buy....can be written off as a business expense, so they are tax deductible. EVERY pair of glasses I buy....for anything...are written off as a tax deductible business expense.

You see, there are ways to properly dress for this...lifestyle...and write off these expenses.
I hear you again Mike but I always thought boots had to be steel toe to qualify to be a business expense.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Once you seriously get into this, you learn things like....EVERY pair of boots I buy are tax deductible, because they can be considered Safety Boots, and written off as a business expense. EVERY jacket I buy....can be written off as a business expense, so they are tax deductible. EVERY pair of glasses I buy....for anything...are written off as a tax deductible business expense.

You see, there are ways to properly dress for this...lifestyle...and write off these expenses.
Please elaborate Mike. I'd love to partake in this, I NEED a new Aerostich set...

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts