TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I like Mine

I bought the cheap version, the Mongoose Beast. When I got it it was not good. I changed the rear sprocket to a 22 tooth and now it rides great in the sand. I would like to get the Surly Pugsly or Moonlander but I just can't spend that much for anything that does not have an engine.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

I also took a heat gun and removed all of the decals and painted the rims black. I will be changing the bars to wider bars.

·
Registered
816 Posts
these things are becoming quite popular. I own a bike shop and we have sold a couple dozen of them over the last couple of years. They are so much fun to ride!

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
8,234 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
What took em so long to do this? Seems like the obvious answer to sand and snow... and mud.

·
Registered
816 Posts
In short they have been around for 20 plus years. really unheard of and custom made parts in the beginning, but now things have moved forward. The problem with these bikes is that quite a few of the parts are special meaning the cost is high. For example the tires are not a common size and run 60 bucks for a cheap one and over 150 for a nice one. The rims are special and are over 100 bucks a piece. all in all a good quality but nothing fancy fat bike is about 1600 bucks. the one I posted is a hand built frame and custom build probably 4k or so, but I sold a top of the line one last year to the tune of 7k. any how they are a blast and everyone should have one. If snow flies I will be riding mine to work soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts