TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish I would have taken this TW's picture before I shoveled the snow off it but I had this 70 mile beauty tucked safely under my RV's nose for months all covered and locked and the other night around midnight had the bright idea I would get it out and just leave it in the driveway til morning when I would load it in my trucks canopy for a trip to storage. Well so much for that great idea I woke up to almost 3 feet of snow (ok 20" lol) and I live in central Arizona.

I first moved here in 2009 and I put my boots and winter coat in my closet and when I moved 3 years later I took the winter coats and boots out of the closet! I have not worn long pants or shoes since 2009 except at MOAB 2017

My only boots I could find are short and they filled with snow lol I cannot find a pair of Carhardt long leg pants anywhere in my RV they must be in storage 100 miles away.

I had to customize my leggings to go and shovel my truck and TW out

On top of that my 2012 Prius took a freak rock that broke the glass sunroof (it actually sounded like a gunshot but thats another story) the day before the big snow and of course it's stuck open

Needless to say Amazon got an order for 6 new pairs of Carhardt Double Knee Logger pants that Prime can't get here fast enough

I'm in Payson and was told they get 4" of snow every 10 years so hopefully I'm good for the next 40 years lol

SAM_8274.JPG SAM_8260.JPG SAM_8267.JPG SAM_8272.JPG SAM_8280.JPG
the postal service and Tyvek save the day

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wow, I assure you the latest storm you are having/have had out there is more snow than we have had all Winter here in southern NY. Just not natural.
Was 53 and Sunny here yesterday.

My daughter is over in Tempe and it seems to be pretty cool there too, in the mid to high 40's.

Love the last picture. A true McGyver.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have cousins in Payson. They get snow every so often but never like that. WOW! My Mom is in Tucson now and said she's ready to move further south, after she finishes learning Spanish, of course.
As a side note: Clark County/ Las Vegas cancelled all schools and after school activities for today as of 6p.m. last night, because they were expecting temperatures below freezing,(32*F). It was 24* this morning. Oh the humanity, how will they ever survive? I drove past our schools on the way to work this morning and the temp was -20*F at the high school. Oh, and classes started on time. Plus it's fun to drive by the bus stop and see kids standing there with no coats on and snotcicles froze to their faces.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice improvised boots. Our daughter in Tucson sent us pics of snow there too. Be safe out there. Very few folks down there know how to drive safely in that stuff.
no lie most AZ drivers are totally unaware

I heard some stranded tourists talking at the local Beeline Cafe and they mani freeways were all closed and they said they would take the backroads home! lmao

They were in one wheel drive sedans and Payson AZ is a mile high mountain town with only one freeway in and it's steep as hell even in a bad ass 4x4 with front and rear posi it's tricky

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have cousins in Payson. They get snow every so often but never like that. WOW! My Mom is in Tucson now and said she's ready to move further south, after she finishes learning Spanish, of course.
As a side note: Clark County/ Las Vegas cancelled all schools and after school activities for today as of 6p.m. last night, because they were expecting temperatures below freezing,(32*F). It was 24* this morning. Oh the humanity, how will they ever survive? I drove past our schools on the way to work this morning and the temp was -20*F at the high school. Oh, and classes started on time. Plus it's fun to drive by the bus stop and see kids standing there with no coats on and snotcicles froze to their faces.
lol yes Vegas has been making the news a lot I guess it's the first real snowfall there in a decade, cool ! literally :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
...So... Dog sled time to Pine, Strawberry, and Happy Jack for the USPS I suppose? Through rain, through sleet, through snow, through..... hell you get it.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...So... Dog sled time to Pine, Strawberry, and Happy Jack for the USPS I suppose? Through rain, through sleet, through snow, through..... hell you get it.
yah exactly lets see how tough the "HashKnife Pony Express" is today lol

No lie the whole town is closed down it's really ridiculous folks from Michigan etc must be scoffing at us !

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
The worst is probably yet to come. If by chance you get a real warm day with a good rain storm all that snow will melt in a flash and floods will be real bad. Up here in the NY Catskill mountains we get 6-12 inch storms all winter long but the past few years we seem to get a monster storm in early April of 2 -3 feet and then it all melts at once on a warm day with rain. They have replaced the road out in front of my house twice in 4 years because the streams overflowed and took out three bridges.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I lived in Tucson in the late seventies......somewhere I have a picture of snow about an inch deep on a sahuaro cactus that lived in my front yard.lol It happens. I think the people who live in AZ should be very adept in driving in snow, they moved there from the frozen north.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Nice improvised boots. Our daughter in Tucson sent us pics of snow there too. Be safe out there. Very few folks down there know how to drive safely in that stuff.
if i was living down there, i won't even own snow tires but, being retired i would do just what i do here, stand on the warm side of the glass with a cold beer and wait for it to melt

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My dad lives in Green Valley seasonally. I'll have to see how he's doing in it but he's from New Brunswick so he knows snow all too well.

I don't imagine it's too easy to buy a snow shovel there.

We haven't had much snow here at all this year and since the temp has been bouncing over freezing we've had a bad year for ice.....I'd prefer the snow. At least I can ride my TW in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts