TW200 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I am well aware of where a lot of our foods come from and I agree that rain is the essence of life. As far as the price of our food baskets goes I do have a few minor issues. If I pay a dollar each for a Ca. grown avocado today while the drought is in full swing, I will probably be paying $2 each after the rains fix the drought. 63 years and I have never seen the price of anything really go down! The first time I ever bought gas for my very first car it was 4 gallons for a dollar!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
So true GaryL. New report, the wind Gizmow is now pointing to the east, and it is raining lightly. Probably just a tease, but one can always hope.

I guess if I start planting blue agave now, by the time Nor Cal is dried up for good I can make a few $$ making tequila! :cool: m.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
I bet Mike's House of Madness is Mike's House of Moisture with today's deluge.
Raining like a cow pissing on a rock here, sustained much needed strong rain for many hours with strong winds rolling my BBQ around the deck. My weather gauge says it's Force 6 on the Beaufort Wind Scale but warm though, should soon transition to snow eventually and be a bit blizzardy.
Go El Nino,go!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I really want to see that snow!!

We have FINALLY had a bit of rain, but really just fits & starts, then it stops. Barely a mud puddle to get enthusiastic over... Yet!

I'm an optimist. The coffee cup is still half full. Send all of that Washington rain storms down here! Off to work! m.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
P1000604.JPG This is normally fields of green. Now even the fence posts are covered and more on the way. Another 20ft and I might worry. As it is, I need to go check on the hangar. I had one get wet up to the belly in 07 when I was in Africa.

This is the backyard with the Chehalis River near the hills on the far side of that valley plain.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
we are having an easy winter so far... some of us anyway... we could use a bit more snow, but it is normally pretty dry here.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
we are having an easy winter so far... some of us anyway... we could use a bit more snow, but it is normally pretty dry here.
Damn, Santa down to 7 :eek:???

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
Third storm in a month has now blown through – wind has dropped from 80mph to 20mph (after 5 weeks of this) - the ground, now thoroughly waterlogged, seems to recover quickly (mostly onto rocks here on the Island). Road goes underwater when it’s raining, 12 hours later and it’s fine.

Flood warnings still in place, and evacuations continuing 40 miles away on the main land – power cut over the weekend, but they got it sorted fairly quickly – trees down everywhere.

Little bit of a blow forecast for Saturday – only 60mph - three inches of rain – hardly worth bothering about really ………..

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Cat came back.

So I went out. Had to celebrate LT's birthday and test the lights in snow.

The air was not cold yet the LED headlight did not put out enough heat to melt the accumulated snow off the lens. However the smaller lights on the forks melted the moist driven snow.

Anyways the weather is hovering around freezing with more snow light expected overnight. One to three feet exaggerated...I mean predicted...for passes above Donner Lake @ ~ 8,000' or so.
I live in a transitional zone so expect only a dusting. Was sunny and nice at Doctor's in Reno this morning who certified me Okee Dokee for Moab, yet driving home brought me back into edge of storm....mist, rain, fierce winds.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
No doubt! After you telling me about your experience with Thor's bolts, I ran around the house & unplugged everything & left it that way until the next day! Don't need any extra "Devils in the wires!"

And finally, finally, we had enough rain to make a few mud puddles!! I am going to try my best to exploit some of them tomorrow. On any Sunday, right? :D m.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts