TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I spent last Monday exploring Wyoming backroads and 2 tracks, beautiful day! Awesome time! We love the TW's with the exception of the limited fuel range (Oops, glad we had extra fuel with us!) and I'll be honest, I tend to carry too much "stuff" :p Last weekend I decided to build a luggage rack with an option of carrying 2 extra gallons of gas. When I made the rack I used 3/4" square tube for the framework and added a piece of 1'" square tube at the rear for a receiver of sorts for add-ons. I have read that the seat bracket has a tendency to break under loads so I added a brace to the rear footpeg bracket on the right side, this will also keep stuff from getting too close to the muffler should I decide to hang something there. On the left side I built a bracket that will hold two 1 gal gas jugs....it's a monstrosity, but I think it'll work :) I'm trying to keep the weight as low as possible and keep it away from the other things I carry. Both side pieces can be removed easily with a couple bolts. I removed the rear signals and am going to try LED light strip mounted next to the license plate, it's bright but hyperflashes. I have a new flasher coming and will address that later.

Right side. luggage rack 2.jpg

Left side luggage rack 3.jpg

With 2 1 gal gas jugs luggage rack 1.jpg

Rear luggage rack 4.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it a test run as soon as the weather warms up again, 70's one day snow the next, springtime in the Rockies! I'll let you know how it holds up, hopefully no issues.

I have thought of a single wheel trailer for longer trips, I'm looking for a junked out dirtbike with a decent frame, swingarm and rear tire. I gave one away 2 years ago that would have been perfect for this....oh well :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! That is one serious flat deck tanker. What do you plan to carry?
Lol, Thanks! Our day trips cover a lot of ground, there are a lot of places to explore out here. Most areas are very remote, sometime never see another person (or gas station) for hours. Wyoming weather can change quickly so I have extra clothing, ponchos, nylon tarp, extra fuel, food and water etc. for my wife and I. I'm also a rock hound so I usually drag something home if I can fit it on the bike ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the look of the square tubing.

My ass could no way handle the amount of miles that setup could travel.
...I think I just complemented your ass. Oh, my.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the look of the square tubing.

My ass could no way handle the amount of miles that setup could travel.
...I think I just complemented your ass. Oh, my.
Lol! We make a lot of stops, the seat is horrible! :) I just put a cover on, see if that helps. I also put a Wolfman tank bags on both bikes, room for more "stuff" ;)

View attachment 170609

1 - 11 of 11 Posts