TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
250lbs here. I added three pelican cases on a cyclerack and she'll do 65 all day long with the 14/45 sprocket set.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub hauled my 260 pound lard ass 1007 miles in 19 hours, loaded for a 4 week trip. Tripping a TW requires patience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Owners manual has --->

Maximum Load:

395# Cal.

397# U49.

Total Wt. of rider, passenger, cargo, and accessories

------------------------------------------------------

I guess the 2# difference is the smog box in Cal.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I want to know why bikes and scooters sold in other country's have no weight limits. They load them up with the whole family and some chickens. Or carry massive amounts of trade goods with no limit on the sub-frame. What gives?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I want to know why bikes and scooters sold in other country's have no weight limits. They load them up with the whole family and some chickens. Or carry massive amounts of trade goods with no limit on the sub-frame. What gives?
If you watch some of the documentaries involving motorcycle adventures in foreign countries, they'll have one stop shops that will swap suspensions, weld on the frame, and replace any part you want right there at the curb.

So, I imagine if you can't afford a car, you just get a motorcycle and have it "customized" by your local curbside bike shop to ensure its "safe" to haul 20 bales of hay on the handlebars, or at least two cows in your lap.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
there isn't a lawyer on every street corner....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.