TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new TW on saturday
Took a ride today, and when I hit a bump I hear a noise from the front end.
So I traced it to the forks
When I push down on the forks a bunch of times in a row,I hear somewhat of a crunching sound
Nothing is loose that i can see. Is it just because the bike is new and needs to get worked in?
Thanks for any ideas what it could be

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, my new 2014 has the noise too. I always wear earplugs when riding so I did not notice it until I took them out before riding around the house a time or two to run the gas out (had turned fuel cock to off as I always do when finishing a ride) while riding over some rough areas there was the clunk noise. TW has 180 miles on it.
Not going to worry about it especially since I won't hear it with the earplugs anyway!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you run the gas out of the carb after every ride?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Only way to truly run it out of gas is drain the carb..If ya just let it run and die..The bowl is still about 1/4 to 1/2 full

·
Registered
124 Posts
Aside from the occasional "clunk" on bumps, I've never heard a crunching sound. Is it metallic? or, maybe the new rubber sound of routed cables binding up near the head? :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Craig1178, I was of the belief that turning the fuel off and running the engine till it quit emptied the carb out and an empty carb when the bike is parked is better than a full one.

Also: On my 2009 model, the carb leaks gas when it's parked unless I turn off the gas and run it till it quits. So in my mind I assumed the carb was run dry/emptied.

I guess that's not the case?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I usually turn the gas off about 100 yards prior to reaching my destination. If I forget,I'll sit,turn the gas off and wait for it to cut out.To "completely" empty the carb,open the drain screw at the bottom side of the carb.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Craig1178, I was of the belief that turning the fuel off and running the engine till it quit emptied the carb out and an empty carb when the bike is parked is better than a full one.

Also: On my 2009 model, the carb leaks gas when it's parked unless I turn off the gas and run it till it quits. So in my mind I assumed the carb was run dry/emptied.

I guess that's not the case?
Sounds like you need to replace the bowl gasket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the bowl gasket.
That's what I suspected. Don't know if this is something I can tackle or (gasp) take to the dealer?!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts